Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visiting Manchester in Early November - A Few Questions  (Read 2199 times)

kauffj

Visiting Manchester in Early November - A Few Questions
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:34:33 pm »

I'm a prospective FSP member looking to visit, meet some Free Staters, and get a feel for what New Hampshire is like in the flesh. I'm planning to visit Manchester the first week of November and have a few questions. If you can answer any of them the first round is on me :D.

1) What coworking / tech spaces exist in the city? I'm able to work from a laptop, but the only space I could find was Alpha Loft and it was unclear if they actually rented space. Are there any other coworking spaces in or near Manchester? Any ones that FSPers work at?

2) Is the FSP Events calendar up-to-date? If I go into Murphy's on Tuesday or Wednesday will I find some other FSP members? The FSP calendar doesn't match the bar's calendar, which made me suspicious the events listed may be legacy recurring events.

3) Is there much of an entrepreneur or tech scene in Manchester? Is there an overlap between these communities and the FSP?

4) Anything else I should know/see/do to get a feel for the city and the FSP project? I'd be interested in meeting any FSP members at all, so if you'd want to say hello, please respond or email me at kauffj@gmail.com.

Thanks guys! Love the idea of the FSP and excited to check it out. So I'm slightly less of a weirdo internet stranger, this is me on facebook and this is my company.

Auspicious Aspect

Re: Visiting Manchester in Early November - A Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:45:43 pm »

I'm a prospective FSP member looking to visit, meet some Free Staters, and get a feel for what New Hampshire is like in the flesh. I'm planning to visit Manchester the first week of November and have a few questions. If you can answer any of them the first round is on me :D.

1) What coworking / tech spaces exist in the city? I'm able to work from a laptop, but the only space I could find was Alpha Loft and it was unclear if they actually rented space. Are there any other coworking spaces in or near Manchester? Any ones that FSPers work at?

2) Is the FSP Events calendar up-to-date? If I go into Murphy's on Tuesday or Wednesday will I find some other FSP members? The FSP calendar doesn't match the bar's calendar, which made me suspicious the events listed may be legacy recurring events.

3) Is there much of an entrepreneur or tech scene in Manchester? Is there an overlap between these communities and the FSP?

4) Anything else I should know/see/do to get a feel for the city and the FSP project? I'd be interested in meeting any FSP members at all, so if you'd want to say hello, please respond or email me at kauffj@gmail.com.

Thanks guys! Love the idea of the FSP and excited to check it out. So I'm slightly less of a weirdo internet stranger, this is me on facebook and this is my company.

I can answer this one:

2) Most events are posted on Facebook. Many events are also to be found on this Google calendar:

https://www.google.com/calendar/htmlembed?src=d908tl7v755t4rfvag6vm55ib8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Yes, Taproom Tuesday still happens. Usually on the deck when it's open, or at the big table in the corner of the dining room when the deck is closed. Wednesday comedy night at Murphy's often attracts porcs, but that is not an every-week thing. On Fridays, a group usually gets together during Happy Hour at Strange Brew Tavern. Outside in season (which ended on Oct 15), in the game room (out back) otherwise. There is a Bitcoin meetup in the same place on Sunday; check the calendar I linked to. Some people go to the poetry slam at Milly's on Thursday, but that is not a defined group event.

The rest of your questions can probably be addressed by folks you meet at these events.

kauffj

Re: Visiting Manchester in Early November - A Few Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:01:29 am »

Thanks for the answers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up