Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touring Upper Valley Nov. 7-9, anyone want to meet up?  (Read 2236 times)

OverTaxed

• FSP Participant
Touring Upper Valley Nov. 7-9, anyone want to meet up?
« on: October 15, 2014, 03:07:37 pm »

My wife and I will be visiting the Upper Valley area Nov. 7-9 and were wondering if anyone would like to meet up for an hour or two to help answer any questions we may have about the region?  

So my family is committed to moving to NH from NY in the summer of 2016.  While we reside in NY, we're not "New Yorkers" - meaning we absolutely do not share the political and philosophical leanings of this states' majority.  In many regards, NH already feels more like home than NY ever has.  There are many aspects to this move (selling our home, one child still in high school, relocating my business, wife finding a job) or we would be there already.  

We want to visit different areas of the state to help determine exactly where we would like to settle.  A couple months ago we visited Concord and Laconia.  I've been reading everything I can to get a feel for different regions of the state.  So our next trip in Nov. we'll be visiting Hanover, Lebanon, Claremont, Croydon, and other surrounding towns.  

We won't have a ton of time, but would love to meet up with some locals for a chance to get better acquainted with the area, and with NH in general.  Probably Saturday, Nov. 8 in the evening would work best since we'll be bopping around all day.  But we are pretty flexible.  Anyone around the Hanover/Lebanon area up for a drink or two?

Also, in planning this trip, are there any attractions in the region that we absolutely shouldn't miss during our visit?

(PS.  I realize the FSP Facebook pages get more traffic than these forums, but I'd rather not publicly announce our travel plans there.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:34:23 pm by OverTaxed »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Touring Upper Valley Nov. 8, anyone want to meet up?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:51:51 pm »

Certainly! We moved from western NY to West Lebanon. Shoot me a PM.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

OverTaxed

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 09:54:09 pm »

Thanks Jason!  PM sent.

OverTaxed

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:50:06 pm »

We are coming up earlier than previously expected so we'll have more time to tour the area on Friday.  Chris Lopez was kind enough to put together a Meet & Greet for us.  Friday, Nov. 7 at 6:00pm at Molly's, 43 S. Main St. in Hanover.  We're looking forward to our visit, and hope to see some of you there!

A link to the FB event page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/635440579906697/
Pages: [1]   Go Up