Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could Make it in 2015  (Read 2556 times)

mrlmichael

• Addicting Ifno
Could Make it in 2015
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:00 pm »

Hello all,

It's been awhile since I posted here. I had to move back to Belgium with my wife because of her job prospects in Michigan as opposed to the good job she had here. While here I launched a facebook page called "Being Liberal Logic", some here might even be familiar with it. I basically dissect the facebook page "Being Liberal" and liberal logic in general from a libertarian perspective. I also launched a satire website called Addicting Ifno, which I am actually hoping turns into my business.

So with that in mind, I think if some of the entrepreneurial projects I am working on now pan out, I could be in New Hampshire sometime in 2015. The beauty of being an online business owner is you can work from anywhere, so finding a job upon arrival wouldn't be a concern as much as finding the best area to live. Hopefully these projects work out and I can be on the way soon.  

I prefer areas that you can escape the big city into nature but the conveniences and amenities of larger cities isn't too far out of reach. That is the base point I will be starting my search on.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:41:28 pm by mrlmichael »
Founder of the libertarian Facebook page "Being Liberal Logic" and the parody website Addicting Ifno.

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
Re: Could Make it in 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 05:23:59 pm »

And your wife will be able to join you? What are her job prospects like here?

mrlmichael

• Addicting Ifno
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »

And your wife will be able to join you? What are her job prospects like here?

Her jobs prospects are better in New Hampshire than in Michigan because she speaks English, Dutch and is a French teacher. There isn't much demand for French teachers or speakers in Michigan, but from what I read, there is in New Hampshire.
Founder of the libertarian Facebook page "Being Liberal Logic" and the parody website Addicting Ifno.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:07:45 pm »

There is indeed. Quebec is just north of us, and a non-trivial proportion of New Hampshire's population speaks French. If you are able to make the online business work, that is ideal for a move to NH. Most of the earliest movers have had that kind of portable job.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

mrlmichael

• Addicting Ifno
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 03:51:37 am »

There is indeed. Quebec is just north of us, and a non-trivial proportion of New Hampshire's population speaks French. If you are able to make the online business work, that is ideal for a move to NH. Most of the earliest movers have had that kind of portable job.

Quebec being there helps my wife a great deal. I do think it is more dependent on me getting my business off the ground than her being able to find work though. I think she would feel uncomfortable making the move if we were both going there to look for jobs. If I have a portable income, then there isn't as much to worry about and there isn't as much pressure on her.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:29:05 am by mrlmichael »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 02:31:38 pm »

Sounds smart to me.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up