Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accounting Jobs and CPA certification in New Hampshire  (Read 1561 times)

Livingliver

Accounting Jobs and CPA certification in New Hampshire
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:49:24 am »

I'll be graduating from my Accounting program in December 2015. Then hopefully moving to New Hampshire afterwards. What cities headquarter the largest accounting firms in New Hampshire? And what are their names? What are the requirements to sit for the CPA exam in New Hampshire? Accountants, do you think it would be better to just get a job and CPA here in Maryland and then move to New Hampshire, or to get a job in New Hampshire first and then try for the CPA? And what kind of salary can I expect, if I plan to go into Tax.

Some other questions, anyone can jump in on these.
How cold is it really?
I like to cook, how is the selection/quality/freshness of ingredients there?
How developed are the bike paths in the major cities there?
There is a very real possibility that my girlfriend would also be there with me. She'll be looking for a job teaching Chinese. Do you know any schools that are looking for a Chinese teacher?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Accounting Jobs and CPA certification in New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 08:30:22 am »

I don't know about accounting firms in NH, but I'm sure if you did a couple of searches on indeed.com, you'd find a great deal of information. Most likely they will be concentrated in the Manchester-Nashua-Portsmouth triangle.

Coldness varies by location. Where I am, far in the interior of the state (Lebanon, adjacent to Vermont), it's about 3-6 degrees cooler than Manchester and maybe 4-10 degrees cooler than Portsmouth. The lowest low we had last winter was -15. There were a handful of days with lows at or below zero. I don't think the seacoast (Portsmouth area) gets below zero very often, because of the ocean effect.

This time of year, we've had a handful of days with lows in the 30s, but usually the lows have been in the 40s and low 50s, with highs in the 50s, 60s, and low 70s. The whole period from roughly April 15 to October 15 is typically great weather. Some hot days, but rarely anything approaching 100, and some cool days, but rarely freezing at night, and then only at the edges of that time period.

The bottom line is that you just have to dress appropriately. Wear wool and/or long underwear in the cold months, plus gloves, hats, and scarves on the coldest days. If you like the outdoors, there's plenty to do year-round. I've hiked Mt. Moosilauke (4700 footer) in November and Mt. Cardigan (~3500) in February.

Bike paths are everywhere where I live (Lebanon-Hanover). I commute by bike.

The availability of fresh ingredients & great restaurants is incomparable where I live. Every town has a farmer's market. There's a coop system with all kinds of fancy produce, seafood, and the like. The restaurants use local & seasonal ingredients whenever possible. Don't expect a lot of great world foods: Chinese, Mexican, Thai, etc. They exist but are not amazing. The Upper Valley and seacoast are probably the food capitals of New Hampshire. Some of the 'burbs around Nashua & Manchester are virtual food deserts as far as the restaurants go.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:33:40 am by JasonPSorens »
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up