Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you run to office?  (Read 2846 times)

Moosa

How do you run to office?
« on: October 05, 2014, 11:17:28 pm »

What is the procedure for running to office? I don't think that you have made your own party. So do you join the various parties which are elected to rule in NH and then get elected in those parties into official positions, or is the procedure another? How, by which method, have you specifically managed to get more free laws in NH?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:20:28 am by Moosa »

freedomroad

Re: How do you run to office?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:26:28 pm »

What is the procedure for running to office? I don't think that you have made your own party. So do you join the various parties which are elected to rule in NH and then get elected in those parties into official positions, or is the procedure another?

That's how it works. You figure out what you stand for and decide which of the two parties you better align with, join that party and then run for office.

How, by which method, have you specifically managed to get more free laws in NH?

Someone has to propose a law. Only an elected state rep. or state senator may submit a bill. Then the bill has to pass both the NH House and the NH Senate. The bill also has to either be signed by or at least not vetoed by the governor.

If you move to NH, feel free to message me. I'd like to meet you.

Moosa

Re: How do you run to office?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:29:31 am »

Thanks for explaining your procedure for getting more free laws in NH. Do you think this is the most effective way to get free laws everywhere? I don't live in US and can't visit US or travel out of my country because I don't want a biometric and contactless passport. So I am thinking about what are effective procedures to get free laws where I'm at, and that's why I asked how you have managed to do it in NH. I am thinking about whether to form a party based on my speech (http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=27959.0), or entering some existing party and take the lead there. I have sent an invitation to every party and several organizations here to read my speech and tell me what their stand is related to it, but have received no replies, and I am thinking that I probably will need to try to form my own party then.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:39:11 am by Moosa »
Pages: [1]   Go Up