Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LibertyBallot.com - Recommendations on how to vote in New Hampshire  (Read 8357 times)

freedomroad

Re: LibertyBallot.com - Recommendations on how to vote in New Hampshire
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 09:19:41 pm »

Is it legal for me to stand outside the polling building on Sept 9th and hand out these sample ballots for my town ?

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice but I have seen somewhat similar things done before. One possible issue is that the ballots don't say on them who paid for them. I guess you paid for them if you printed them but again, I don't know. You might have to write or stamp that information on them. The NH SOS should know. http://sos.nh.gov/

It might cause less problems if you held a handmade sign with the name of the website on it and asked people to go on the website with their smart phone but I don't know what the cell coverage is like near your voting location.

The Cell coverage in Canterbury is crap. Could I just recreate the sample ballot in Adobe Illustrator myself and hand it out legally ?

The most likely problem that I can think of is that it might need to say Paid for by and your name on the bottom. If you add that you might be okay? I still recommend checking with the SOS.

I'll point this out to a friend. Maybe the friend with have a thought on this.

freedomroad

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 11:04:56 am »

On Facebook, someone said that people are allow to hand out flyers outside of a polling location. The rub is that you cannot offer the flyers to people, they have to come to you and want the flyers. I guess you cannot push but people can pull or something. Anyway, I did not contact the NH SOS office to verify this. It is not legal advice. It is a good idea to contact the NH SOS office about stuff like this.

lildog

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 03:47:19 pm »

On Facebook, someone said that people are allow to hand out flyers outside of a polling location. The rub is that you cannot offer the flyers to people, they have to come to you and want the flyers. I guess you cannot push but people can pull or something. Anyway, I did not contact the NH SOS office to verify this. It is not legal advice. It is a good idea to contact the NH SOS office about stuff like this.

That sounds correct.

However you can offer them to people at other events, so if you have them printed in advance you can hand them out anywhere large turnouts of people will be.

freedomroad

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 11:51:57 pm »

Shire Liberty News interviewed A LibertyBallot.com co-creator.

Liberty Ballot: New Tool for New Hampshire Voters
http://www.shirelibertynews.com/liberty-ballot/

Karl Appleby

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 08:51:05 am »

By the way LibertyBallot has the general elections up now.

freedomroad

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 07:33:56 pm »

By the way LibertyBallot has the general elections up now.

It looks like Liberty Ballot is in the process of putting the general election stuff up. It looks like the FAQ has been updated, for example.

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 12:38:09 pm »

The election is just a few days away. If you know anyone in New Hampshire, please spread the word about LibertyBallot.com

http://libertyballot.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up