Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open carrying in car  (Read 2355 times)

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
Open carrying in car
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:18:08 pm »

Does anybody know what the penalty is for open carrying a loaded firearm while driving, without a CCW?

I like the idea of open carrying.

I don't like the idea of getting a CCW.

I don't like the idea of having to unholster a firearm and unload it every time I hop back into my car.

Thoughts?

freedomroad

Re: Open carrying in car
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 11:57:17 am »

I don't like the idea of having to unholster a firearm and unload it every time I hop back into my car.

Thoughts?
It takes like 10 seconds.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 01:08:45 pm »

TITLE XII - PUBLIC SAFETY AND WELFARE
CHAPTER 159 - PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS
~~~
159:4 Carrying Without License. – No person shall carry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle or concealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid license therefore as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 11:04:39 pm »

TITLE XII - PUBLIC SAFETY AND WELFARE
CHAPTER 159 - PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS
~~~
159:4 Carrying Without License. – No person shall carry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle or concealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid license therefore as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up