Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about employment  (Read 1336 times)

Foleyandson

Questions about employment
« on: November 21, 2013, 07:19:30 pm »

Hello, I have been considering this move for about a yr. I currently own a small masonry and construction business. I have a family and need to make sure that if we make this move I can provide on a year round basis. I'm skilled in many different aspects of construction and masonry and would consider working for or subbing through a local business. My question is this how much work for skilled labor is really out there in nh? I have looked on Craigslist and all the other job searching sites and have found very little skilled labor job throughout the state.
Any input or suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
Re: Questions about employment
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:05:02 am »

Well construction does go year round.  Though I think most people aim to do it in the summer since it's cheaper.  So things would be slow in the winter, but the summer would be very busy.  Though many people in that industry around here also augment their salary during the winter with snow plowing.  You may not be able to get a contract with a town since you'd be a "little guy" but you could plow driveways at $25 to $150 a pop.  Maybe even parking lots for businesses for more than that, but I don't know the exact going rate for that.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up