Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH is #2 beer-drinkingest state! Wait, uhm...  (Read 10017 times)

Sam Adams

Re: NH is #2 beer-drinkingest state! Wait, uhm...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 05:51:31 pm »

[quote author=John Edward Mercier link=
The authority to print the nation's currency lies with the US Treasury Department Bureau of Engraving.

The FED doesn't produce currency/coin. Its job is distribution.
Furthermore you don't seem to understand the bank voluntarily enters the system.

[/quo te]          Mercier, you can,t make this garbage up. I can tell you are trying to convince yourself of this fable as being true. Authority no, its their function to print when its authorized. Mercier, I see you want to ignore that dc pays interest to a foreign corp on our nations debt, which is over 600 Billion annually[interest payments only]. Nonfederal Reserve just tells the bureau of engraving to print 125 billion a month and hand it over,  for the cost of the paper and ink.     Thats some great Distribution, or corruption, thieves, tyranny, and bankruptcy. Congress shouldn,t have to allow interest paid on the nations debt, they are to Solely be the body that approves and Authorizes additional debt. Your country has been Hijacked and taken over in 1913.              Banks have no choice in America to be approved and licensed and heavily regulated, but they get the right to fractional reserve all their customers funds. Its called a closed club and completely fixed

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 07:10:11 pm »

Damn it, this is a BEER thread!

Sam Adams

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 08:04:39 pm »

Sorry Dale, having a few right now in order to beat ND, we will be # uno. Just had to intervene to stop a misinformed nonfed lover. Whats the count as far as were lacking to be # 1. Also, what is a good NH lighter tasting homebrew? I,m a apple and peach, rice winemaker. Sake being to best.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 07:52:43 am »

So break the thread off; he's obviously consumed too much when he doesn't know the difference between the functions of the FED,  the US Treasury, and congressional appropriations.

Not to mention he doesn't understand that fractional reserve banking is a natural function restricted by government.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:54:24 am by John Edward Mercier »

Libertard

Re: Re: NH is #2 beer-drinkingest state! Wait, uhm...
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 01:46:30 pm »

I'm currently visiting NH for the first time. Having lived in alcohol-friendly states all of my life, I was taken aback to learn about New Hampshire's state monopoly on liquor sales.  As far as liberty is concerned, this seems like low-hanging fruit; it would be so easy to sell off the stores and privatize the industry. Washington State did just so a couple of years ago. Is any work currently being done to try to deregulate liquor?

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 12:39:41 am »

Not sure. NH will be entering another cycle of LSRs, and a second one after the election, so we'll know then if the issue is active.

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 07:14:17 am »

I'm currently visiting NH for the first time. Having lived in alcohol-friendly states all of my life, I was taken aback to learn about New Hampshire's state monopoly on liquor sales.  As far as liberty is concerned, this seems like low-hanging fruit; it would be so easy to sell off the stores and privatize the industry. Washington State did just so a couple of years ago. Is any work currently being done to try to deregulate liquor?

When the Republicans controlled 3/4s of the NH House in 2011/2012 there was a bill to do it. People were worried that selling the state stores or allowing 14,000 private stores might increase taxes, so it failed. But yes, there are private liquor stores in NH. NH might have the lowest liquor prices in the nation (at both the government and private stores).

Libertard

Re: Re: Re: Re: NH is #2 beer-drinkingest state! Wait, uhm...
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 05:22:29 pm »

But yes, there are private liquor stores in NH.

I was under the impression that only state-run stores could sell liquor (i.e. hard liquor/spirits). Am I missing something?

freedomroad

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 09:41:27 pm »

I was under the impression that only state-run stores could sell liquor (i.e. hard liquor/spirits). Am I missing something?
It is solid in bars, restaurants, functions, at the distilleries and maybe even at festivals or something. I think you might even be able to make your own, but I'd be shocked if it was legal to sell moonshine, even though I know people that do. Here is a story about the underground industry in NH. http://nhpr.org/post/theres-moonshine-these-here-new-hampshire-woods

There are 3 private liquor stores in NH but the rest are government run, last I heard. I believe 2 of the 3 are in the middle of no where so it didn't make sense for the government to open up there. The other 1 is a mile from the NH/MA border and also sells beer, wine, smokes, gas and even has a deli. I heard it does great business ;)
http://countrymilenh.com/

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 05:50:35 am »

When the Republicans controlled 3/4s of the NH House in 2011/2012 there was a bill to do it. People were worried that selling the state stores or allowing 14,000 private stores might increase taxes, so it failed. But yes, there are private liquor stores in NH. NH might have the lowest liquor prices in the nation (at both the government and private stores).
Any single legislator can enter a bill, so it really doesn't matter which party has majority in the Legislature or the extent of the majority.

Libertard

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 06:24:29 pm »

It is solid in bars, restaurants, functions, at the distilleries and maybe even at festivals or something. I think you might even be able to make your own, but I'd be shocked if it was legal to sell moonshine, even though I know people that do. Here is a story about the underground industry in NH. http://nhpr.org/post/theres-moonshine-these-here-new-hampshire-woods

There are 3 private liquor stores in NH but the rest are government run, last I heard. I believe 2 of the 3 are in the middle of no where so it didn't make sense for the government to open up there. The other 1 is a mile from the NH/MA border and also sells beer, wine, smokes, gas and even has a deli. I heard it does great business ;)
http://countrymilenh.com/

I see where you're coming from. Still, allowing private licensed sellers doesn't change the fact that the state government has a monopoly on importing and distributing liquor. Unacceptable IMO, and again, very easy to fix. It doesn't matter that liquor sales constitute a major chunk of government revenues; actually, that's all the more reason to privatize, since it leaves the State with both the incentive and the means to raise prices as they see fit.

I'd surmise that the only thing keeping prices down in NH is the desire to attract buyers from out of state, which seems to work due to NH's (geographically) small size. Could you imagine a state like CA or TX running liquor distribution? It would end in tragedy for whiskey drinkers like myself.  ;)

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 10:31:53 am »

From the standpoint of licensed sellers, the State government has a monopoly on lots of things.

But aside from that, the revenue doesn't constitute a major chunk of government revenues.
The loss of the revenues would be offset through the loss of the expenditure to the operation and the increase in revenues from the business taxes - so the outcome is probably negligible at best.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything