Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NH is #2 beer-drinkingest state! Wait, uhm...  (Read 10235 times)

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
Re: NH is #2 beer-drinkingest state! Wait, uhm...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 12:06:55 am »

A 2006 study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles per gallon.   ;D

So what kind of mileage do New Hampshire folks get?

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 01:22:43 pm »

It's not really drinking, but beer buying, from what I gather.

But yeah, people in NH tend to have money, are less religious than in other states, there is a strong beer making culture in the region, beer tends to cost less here than in other states and the population here has a higher percentage of whites than in most states. So it's no surprise that drinking beer is a bigger deal in NH than in most other states.

NH is likely above every other state when it comes to buying bottles of liquor per capita, buying packs of cigarettes and so on, too. It's the shopping destination for New England.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

Kind of off-topic, but kind of on-topic. I bought Carolan's Irish Creme today. It's cheaper than Bailey's and I like it better. Don't get hung up on name brands. Also, the bottle actually looks way fancier. Go figure.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:43:31 pm »

Don't forget, Pat K just moved last month, so he hasn't had time to drive the numbers up.  ;)

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 08:40:04 am »

Pat will be our champion! He will put us at #1 where we belong!

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:31:33 pm »

I'd also like to add that ND is freaking cold and has nothing else going on. Just throwing that out there.
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front

Sam Adams

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 11:21:35 pm »

I'd also like to add that ND is freaking cold and has nothing else going on. Just throwing that out there.
                             ND has one of the best thing going on in the Republic, no other state has, a complete State Chartered Bank with all the by laws. If fed[private fails or defaults] State bank laws are all in place and all municipalities bank there vs fed banks. Well financed. Good ice fishing also, if you can drill 4 feet deep.  ;D

John Edward Mercier

• Native

Sam Adams

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 07:23:24 pm »

The Bank of North Dakota is State owned and the only kind in this country. Big difference than chartered. The State govt has to do all its banking with them, and its regulated by a few commissions. They clear all there own checks and hold all their deposits. They do have a relation with the fed reverse, but aren,t fdic insured. They are State insured and aren,t controlled by outside forces.

freedomroad

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 09:32:08 pm »

The Bank of North Dakota is State owned and the only kind in this country. Big difference than chartered. The State govt has to do all its banking with them, and its regulated by a few commissions. They clear all there own checks and hold all their deposits. They do have a relation with the fed reverse, but aren,t fdic insured. They are State insured and aren,t controlled by outside forces.
Yup. It is a horrible, anti-freedom system that rewards companies attached to the politicians in power at expense of other companies. It isn't as bad as ND having the worst weather in the US but it is 1 of the worst things a out ND. No doubt it is fascist. And that's 1 thing I don't support.

Sam Adams

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 10:14:33 pm »

I,ll have to disagree with you on this, its de-centralized, but I see your point on fascist. The by-laws were set-up decades ago and they are strictly enforced. Its better than going to wall street for infrastructure bonding or being run and ruled by the private federal reserve system. The state money stays in their state which makes them  economic independent and wealthier state. Originally it was sent up for the in state farmers loans to stop foreclosure stealing, now they do college loan financing. Imagine all the state govt bonding and spending in NH staying in state along with the interest paid, vs going to wall street or other billionaires overseas. Since the state has a state bank with by-laws set in place, its not subject to a federal banking crisis or new regulations or seizure . Without this system in place banking is subject to federal and reserve[sic] guidelines and disastrous 1929 false flag rule making. But, like I said I see your point about lack of free competion and free market and room for corruption. US doesn,t have free market banks, they are ruled by One private entity, which has been the downfall since or before 1913.............

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 11:56:54 am »

Why would we want the State of NH to own a bank?
And if the Federal Reserve was a private entity, wouldn't that make it better?

Or are you opposed to private entities?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:59:27 am by John Edward Mercier »

Sam Adams

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »

John, have you ever Listened to Ron Paul with both ears, or not at all? The Citizens of ND own their own State bank. As far as Congress usurping their Constitutional authority and oath by giving the authority only given to them to print, value coin, and issue debt on behalf of the good will of the American govt. WITHOUT interest payments to an International[Foreign entity, foreign corp.] foreign corporation is and was the destruction of the USA. "I care not who is elected to high office, its who owns the right to print the nations currency". Who said that John? Are you a troll, or just playing naive?  Private business is the heart of this country. People who are unacknowledged in this country about whats going on around them are the problem with country. What group do you fit in JEM?

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 02:29:44 pm »

The authority to print the nation's currency lies with the US Treasury Department Bureau of Engraving.

'To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.'

That is the means by which Congress vests its powers within a Department or Officer.

The FED doesn't produce currency/coin. Its job is distribution.
Furthermore you don't seem to understand the bank voluntarily enters the system.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:32:22 pm by John Edward Mercier »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up