Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porcupine Brewing Company  (Read 5130 times)

clintonwatton

Porcupine Brewing Company
« on: October 17, 2013, 09:14:57 am »

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:26:00 am by clintonwatton »

hiltonizer

Re: Porcupine Brewing Company
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 08:54:42 pm »

I've always thought about making a beer and calling it "Live Free or Die Lager"
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners.” — Edward Abbey

BikerBill

• Adventures in the Free State
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 09:24:35 pm »

You should talk with Kevin Bloom. He's a brewer, brewery consultant, (I believe) runs the home brew class at InformalU, and at this point quite arguably knows more about NH liquor laws than the Liquor Commission does...

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 06:13:32 am »

Ditto what BikerBill said.
The "nano brewery" license is one of the least restrictive in the country, allowing small-scale breweries (2 BBL, 5 BBL systems, for example) to bet set up at low licensing costs.
There are many such brewers in this state.

Lots of Porcupines home brew! There are a lot of beer connoisseurs here, for sure.

You could set up a nano brewery with about $75,000, so keep raising money and awareness, and when you are ready, Kevin can help you get it started.

Cheers.

Mark
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

FiresofFreedom

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 01:13:26 pm »

Hello There!

I have always dreamed of owning and operating a brewery. I love beer, cooking, experimenting with flavors, and gardening. I find myself day-dreaming / brainstorming ideas for the hypothetical 'Porcupine Brewing Company' located in Anytown, NH. With liberty-themed brews bottled with FSP ideals.

I am serious about this project. At this time I am seeking FSP participants who have experience in brewing. I'd like to form a network of FSP participants who are likewise serious. This project would take years to plan and acquire capital to invest.

Please post/reply to this thread if:

• You're genuinely interested in this common goal
  • You have experience running a brewery
  • You have experience brewing beer

Feel free to privately contact me as well; but I'd prefer to keep the discussions, at least for now, in this thread so fellow FSP participants and Friends of the FSP can see the project (hopefully) gaining steam.

Thanks,
Clinton Watton

I am considering moving to nh and have some experience brewing, more book knowledge then physical practice but I know how to Brew. Its funny, when I first thought of coming to nh I thought of starting a brewery. I would be interested to find out more, plus all of these corporate jobs are looking like snorsville so I'm definitely interested in being a part of it.

P.S One of the year round beers should be an Imperial Stout with imperial crossed out and Freedom written next to it. With the slogan "Like the rich roasted taste of a stout yet hate tyrannical governments? Well this is the beer for you"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything