Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licensed Tattoo Artist seeking work/advice  (Read 2801 times)

fustercuck1

Licensed Tattoo Artist seeking work/advice
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:22:20 pm »

Hello there! My name is Hannah Carroll and I have been a professional tattoo artist (meaning I am licensed, work in a tattoo shop and have OSHA certified blood borne pathogens training) as well as an oil painter for about 5 years. My fiancé and I are hoping to move to New Hampshire from Pennsylvania in 2015, HOWEVER I am extremely concerned about building up brand new clientele as well as finding a new shop to tattoo in. Applying for a position in a tattoo shop is not like applying for other jobs. It's like applying to join a family, AND they want you to already have clients to bring in. In PA tattoo artists usually work as independent contractors, and it is very difficult to be taken seriously be realtors and other bureaucrats. I am willing to work in another industry if I must, but tattooing is my passion.

Here are my questions: What are the tattoo laws like in New Hampshire? What kinds of artistic communities are out there? Are there any other tattoo artists involved in the free state project that I can get in touch with?

Thanks for reading, and if you're interested in checking out some of my work, my tumblr page is Hannahthetattooist.tumblr.com, or feel free to friend me on Facebook to see a larger portfolio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up