Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: looking to visit and get acquainted... need some advise  (Read 1065 times)

lgsailing

looking to visit and get acquainted... need some advise
« on: July 29, 2013, 11:59:29 am »

We have been actively talking about moving from the oppressive state of NY. I'm originally from the outskirts of the Adirondacks and the border of Vermont. I am a country girl and my significant other grew up in the country also. Right now we own a house close to his parents homestead and the area is progressively getting intolerable as the "country" is disappearing and being replaced by yuppieville.

Anyway we are looking to explore moving and want to become acquainted with NH and learn where would be a good fit for us. We are planning on traveling there a couple weekends for some exploring and camping trips.  We are asking for suggestions on where is a good place to camp.Somethings about us... I think I would like to be somewhere from the lake region north in the middle. We have 3 dogs that go everywhere with us and need to be welcome. I've seen some sites have restrictions on the number of dogs. I am also a lake/water person (grew up on lake george) and wouldn't mind camping near water. Let know me what places I should be looking at. I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:02:20 pm by lgsailing »

porcupineamy

• Porcupine Real Estate
Re: looking to visit and get acquainted... need some advise
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 01:52:20 pm »

Wilmot is a nice little town with easy access to hiking, skiing, etc. New London is also nice & close by, as is Sunapee. We just had another FSP'er move to Wilton :)
Amy Lowe
Porcupine Real Estate
PorcupineRealEstate.com
 *Link Removed*
Pages: [1]   Go Up