Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gunsmith seeking work.  (Read 4028 times)

MAsucks1

Gunsmith seeking work.
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »

Hey all.
First post here. As my username implies, I live in MA, it sucks and I am looking to move north to NH to breathe that sweet, free air.

I'm 24,and I graduated from Pennsylvania Gunsmith School in September, 2011 with a diploma certifying me as a Sporting Arms Ordnance Technician (Master Gunsmith). I am also a certified Glock armorer. There is no work in my field in MA  :o. I've been working retail since I graduated, but with some insane new gun regs looming (liability insurance on each gun, storing all 'high capacity' firearms offsite, magazine bans, etc), It's time to go (and hopefully utilize the skills I learned while in school).

I have experience with manual and mechanical metal prep and polishing, as well as immersion bluing, Belgian bluing and browning (think the brown finish on traditional flintlocks). I can make stocks from solid blanks of wood, and I can repair and refinish existing stocks. I even have some experience checkering. I have experience operating vertical mills and lathes doing everything from making small tools and replacement parts to contouring, threading and chambering rifle barrels. And I can do pretty much any other thing you would expect a gunsmith to be able to do. I also attended lectures from former ATF agents detailing FFL dealer operation, transfers, NICS checks and what not.

If anyone has a shop and could utilize these skills, or could just use a knowledgeable employee to assist customers and run a register, let me know.

-Matt

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:05:59 pm by MAsucks1 »

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
Re: Gunsmith seeking work.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 08:22:48 am »

Welcome!

You might want to check out Sig Sauer and some of the other manufacturers listed on this map.

If you use Facebook, I highly recommend joining the FSP Job Alert reposting your question there. There's at least one FSP mover who has a gunsmith type of business and might be looking to hire.

-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

MAsucks1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 02:33:38 pm »

Thanks for the reply and happy Independence day!

I already applied with Sig and they had zero interest but I'll look into the other places on that map. Thanks for the link.
In regards to the FSP Job Alert, it sounds like a good resource, but I don't do facebook.

junkie

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:09:21 pm »

I am not sure if you are still looking, but Ruger in Newport is always looking for machine operators and gunsmiths.

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:59:31 pm »

I am not sure if you are still looking, but Ruger in Newport is always looking for machine operators and gunsmiths.

True. Ruger even does radio ads in markets 50 minutes away. It even pays people that don't live near the factory extra money.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything