Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally made it. Some questions on buying a house  (Read 1050 times)

Norcal1

Finally made it. Some questions on buying a house
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »

Hi   So my wife and I are actively looking for a house in the south central part of the state. Wondering if you folks could chime in on some questions to ask or info to get along with a typical inspection before signing on the dotted line. A few that come to mind are--- last survey of the property (it will hopefully be over 5 acres), water quality and flow rate based on it being on a well. When was the septic pumped. We have moved from the west coast suburbia so there have to be a few dozen more I am unaware of.

Thanks

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
Re: Finally made it. Some questions on buying a house
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:32:08 am »

I recommend talking to Mark Warden Porcupine Real Estate, he is an awesome resource and has helped many new movers buy homes.

You should receive a seller's property disclosure that will list most of that info. Yes, definitely have a professional home inspection, water test, septic inspection, buy title insurance. A full survey is not necessary in most situations, they will do a Class D for title insurance.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603
Pages: [1]   Go Up