Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help if you can  (Read 3061 times)

Novelist01

Please help if you can
« on: March 30, 2013, 06:43:38 am »

Hello everyone,

I grew up in New Hampshire, a lifelong resident until I moved to the west coast sometime in early 2007 and spent five years there.
I realized what was going on with the Free State project, and wished to participate in any way possible, so I made the conscious decision to move back to
New Hampshire, and join the group, because I believe wholeheartedly in the mission of liberty. Also, my mother was diagnosed, and fighting with a life threatening cancer, So I knew it was time to come back to the state that I love so very much.

I lined up a decent job to get myself started, But realized once I had arrived, that it was not exactly what I had expected. I inevitably had to voluntarily let my vehicle be repossessed, but not before trying desperately to keep it at all costs, But I was upside down on the payments, and I took the loss, and the Credit to go along with it.
I stayed with this job, working 13-15 hour days, Mostly outside or in freezing bank owned homes during the winter for minimal pay, but during those times, I searched for employment elsewhere to no avail.
But the end of 2012, my hours where cut so short, that I was forced to strip my 401k from a previous job, just to afford to eat, and attempt to remain afloat.
But not before the company that held it, took a quarter of it. I was not aware at the time that the IRS also would like to take 50% of it as well. I suppose it is ignorance on my part, for not being aware of the very confusing tax laws. I am certain at my age, that I was not prepared for how brutal life on your own could be..

I'm out of work now, scouring the internet, the streets, going on foot because I have no money for gas, just to fill out applications to compete with hundreds of similarly out of work residents.. I am 27 and I feel defeated, and I am under more stress than I feel is healthy for anyone in general. I pray everyday that something will come through, an interview, a miracle, the chance to prove my drive and get a chance to get back on my feet.

At this point, I have exhausted most avenues, and feel that I do not have any options. I really do not have any one to ask advice from, or to offer me a position.
I am willing to do anything.
I have experience as a Private contractor, a teaching assistant, a cashier, a furniture salesman, as well as many years working with people with disabilities.
I am preparing myself for the eventuality that I will be homeless very soon.
So, I suppose this is me pleading for help, for anyone who has any leads on a job in the Lakes Region, or any advice whatsoever on what to do.
Again, I would not bare my soul on this message board if it had not come to that, But alas, here I am begging for some help.

thanks for reading,

-Christopher

kenpg67

Re: Please help if you can
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:06:05 am »

maybe try wwoofing (world wide opportunities on organic farms) they will feed and house you in exchange for work on their farm.

http://www.wwoofusa.org/

best of luck,

Kenny
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything