Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job Availability  (Read 3005 times)

Suzan

Job Availability
« on: October 11, 2012, 10:50:33 am »

Hello:
My husband (who was born in Maine and grew up in NH) and I, who summered in NH and lived there for several years - would like to relocate back to NH.  I am 58 years old and need to work for insurance and financial reasons.  My husband is 65 and will work part time and collect his social security.  I work currently in the heath care field, as an Administrative Coordinator for Behavioral Health Services.

Do you think, at my age, it would be difficult to find a job in NH?

Thanks! :o

anon37268573

• First1000
Re: Job Availability
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 03:18:59 pm »

Hello:
My husband (who was born in Maine and grew up in NH) and I, who summered in NH and lived there for several years - would like to relocate back to NH.  I am 58 years old and need to work for insurance and financial reasons.  My husband is 65 and will work part time and collect his social security.  I work currently in the heath care field, as an Administrative Coordinator for Behavioral Health Services.

Do you think, at my age, it would be difficult to find a job in NH?

I wouldn't really know since I'm not in that field. But, I know that there have been tons of medical offices being permitted and built along I93 between Salem and north Manchester. I've seen a lot of ads from those new offices looking to hire people over the last couple years.

Plus, I think being 58 isn't as bad in NH as it is in say California, Utah, or Texas, or someplace like that because the median age in NH is in the early/mid 40's. In NH, there are not a ton of young applicants that you'd be competing with for the job and you'd likely be interviewing with older individuals and potential co-workers.

I'd encourage you to give it a go. Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything