Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering a move  (Read 3876 times)

Duke

• I'm a llama!
Considering a move
« on: August 16, 2002, 08:34:02 pm »

I heard about your group, as many others apparently have, thru the WW piece.  If/when this succeeds (I pray that it does) the Free State will theoretically try to revert to it's Constitutionally acceptable form which means giving up Social Security and other Fed "giveaways" in return for not sending in federal income tax.  

How will the FS contribute to national defense which is actually one of the few things the feds do now that is Constitutional?  My understanding is that before the mutation of the fed to its present chaotic and invasive form, the main way provided to collect revenue to run the then limited federal govt was by apportionment.  Would you expect/accept a "bill" from the feds to pay for national defense if they came up with some way to calculate what the FS contribution should be?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re:Considering a move
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2002, 08:47:44 pm »

Yes, I would myself favor a method like apportionment whereby the state would pay its per capita share of the federal defense budget.  It would be ideal if we could still retain some discretion when it comes to foreign policy: we won't want to contribute to the next Somalia mission, for example.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up