Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gangs in NH  (Read 28797 times)

Eric Freerock

• Moving Summer 2013
Re: Gangs in NH
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 05:29:52 pm »

Of course those cities are much larger than NH's largest, I wonder if gang activity settles down in the winter months in those cities.

Either way gang activity while growing up in Keene consisted of, what we called at the time, the Cambodian Mafia, which was 4 kids driving around in a POS civic selling pot.  That's about as H-core as it got ~2001.  Though they were all really nice guys which way really funny in and of itself since they dressed like gang bangers and talked like the were from Detroit except it was like, ummm... I've known you since Kindergarten so you aren't fooling anyone with your fake persona.  And half the time they'd forget to turn on the persona.  Good times, good times.

plasma1010

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 11:00:56 am »

I am curious as to your question?

Just wondering.  I grew up in a place with a lot of gang activity and while I figured it was a lot less of a problem up there, I had to ask since we're making the move shortly.

Listen, I've lived in NY my whole life and I've never seen gang activity here. If I haven't seen it here, you probably are never going to see it in New England. And whatever gangs up there are going to be a joke anyhow. If I ever meet a gang up there I'm gonna say "Motherfucker, I'm from NY" and they will poop their pants and run away crying. The hell is a gang gonna do in NH, smuggle Raw Milk into MA ?

You know, it's not hard to get a hand gun in NH, right ? Ever wonder why you never hear about crime in VT or NH ? LOTS O' GUNS.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:07:02 am by plasma1010 »

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 11:31:45 am »

The Blue Light Gang is, by far, the most dangerous street gang around.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:42:17 am by crossonscout »
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 11:45:08 am »

If I ever meet a gang up there I'm gonna say "Motherfucker, I'm from NY" and they will poop their pants and run away crying.

Yeah..

"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

IvyBlue

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 03:22:50 pm »

It goes without saying that there are 1%ers on bikes at Hampton and Laconia. Highest per capita ownership of bikes and one of the oldest/largest rallies in the country here so it stands to reason. Those guys tend to mind their own business up here so stay out of their bars and stay away from bike week and you'd never know they were here. I do ride but have as little to do with them as possible, I'm not afraid but I'd also never trust them.

The thing people up here don't want to acknowledge is how bad the drug problem is. If you think they're not being run in by gangs from southern New England and New York you are dangerously naïve. Your personal safety is not at much risk because of the liberal gun laws (it's assumed you're packing) but it does fuel the property crimes, especially in isolated rural areas. Crime not committed by gangs, but by their customers. They can also be on bikes, but they'd be rice rockets.

I would buy a good gun safe and have some sort of security system if I were you.

LakesRegion

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 04:49:14 pm »

Laconia has gotten much worse over the past decade or so. Meth heads seem to be taking over the city...it's kind of sad. My family has been in Laconia since the early 1800's, but this might be the last generation to stay. Never had to lock my doors until a few years ago. Have a gun and know how to use it. I'm hoping that Lakeport and the Weirs secede and become their own towns, but that will probably never happen.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up