Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 year old Freestater  (Read 20309 times)

zairabear

16 year old Freestater
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:11:22 pm »

Hey fellow activists,
My name is Zaira, I am 16 and currently live with my father in Fremont,CA.
We recently went to support the Bartholomew brothers from Good Men Do Something in their ridiculous trial and I really realized how screwed up California and government are. My dad has been an anarchist his entire life so we have had many many liberty centered conversations and debates. I listen to Free Talk Live, Ladies in Keene, and Flaming Freedom and consider myself a complete libertarian. This trial pushed me over the edge and  told my dad I didn't want to stay here until I turned 18, I wanted to leave now. This all happened about a month ago and we now have plans to leave and move to Manchester in June.
So, it is time for me to be less of a listener and more of a participator. A little bit about me, I am a youtuber, nerdfighter, and writer. I consider myself an "alterni-nerd" because I am really into rock, punk, and goth music, style, and subculture, as well as reading, writing, and Doctor Who :P I often find myself befriending 18-26 years old because I am fairly mature and get very frustrated with younger teens. (I try not to judge every one of them but they tend to be less responsible and more brainwashed.)
I really like starting projects and getting involved in ones that I find passion in, and I'm really looking forward to meeting new people that believe similar things as I do.
So, any other Porc Teens out there?

halfspeed

Re: 16 year old Freestater
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »

Hey zaria,
I'm Dylan from NJ and 16 years old as well.
You're so lucky you have an anarchist dad! My father is conservative and is strickly against Libertarian/Anarcho capitalist views. But that's whatever.
I'm stuck between a Rock and a hard place because I really want to go to college in Ohio for computer engineering but that's going to be 5 1/2 more years of dealing with this crap!?Can not wait to move, your so lucky!
I'm a lot like you when it comes to the maturity level and interests.
What projects do you think you want to do?
I'm a semi-pro videographer, musician of 13 years and I code stuff on computers so I want to apply my skills for the good of the project.
I'm also heavily interested in Austrian economics, counter-economy, and agorism. What are your "main beliefs"?

zairabear

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 05:08:14 pm »

Hey Dylan!
I am pretty lucky my dad is actually rational. It makes my steps to freedom significantly easier :)
I am a youtuber so some would say semi-pro videographer. I've also filmed shows and events.
Basically, I believe we don't need government and that MANY things the government does are plain wrong. Taxes=theft in every situation. There is absolutely no reason we need them and they aren't fair or right.
I'm sick and tired of people saying we are a free country because we are just in one big cage. I don't understand how so many smart people can feed in to this brainwashing and not see how contained we are.

halfspeed

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 09:38:47 pm »

I wouldn't say my dad is irrational. He's just scared of something new, and hasn't been exposed to real libertarianism. Not the stuff the media says we are. And I'm working on converting him haha. But youre still really lucky haha.
And cool about the video stuff. Im actually the VP and Director of my schools TV station, thats where I got all the skills.
I know how you feel, if the adults in the FSP think adults are ignorant, they need to go to school for a day. It AWFUL what goes on there. Really just degrading. Kids are incredibly ignorant and I'm praying its just a phase for them as the one political word in their vocab is "Obama".
I of course took the more nerd side of libertarianism and focus more on the economic points of view like currency, the federal reserve, the Agora, and how a libertarian/anarcho_capitalist society would run.
I loveeee dystopia stuff like V for Vendetta, 1984 and all kinds of books like that, plus the occasional zombie apocalypse(perfect opportunity for anarchism to succeed). Haha.
Keep talking, it's nice to know there's at least one non-idiot out there.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:04 am »

I listen to Free Talk Live, Ladies in Keene, and Flaming Freedom...

Yay!

Why does it say *Link removed* in your signature?

zairabear

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:48:28 pm »

I know how you feel, if the adults in the FSP think adults are ignorant, they need to go to school for a day. It AWFUL what goes on there. Really just degrading. Kids are incredibly ignorant and I'm praying its just a phase for them as the one political word in their vocab is "Obama".
My Goodness, I know. Parents are ignorant and send their children to public schools,where the main job is to brainwash and raise little sheep.
I love meeting kids that pay attention to things like politics and economics. In my youth group, I try to speak of the presidential nomination or really anything in the news and just get glazed faces. It's so sad.

zairabear

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 01:51:06 pm »

I listen to Free Talk Live, Ladies in Keene, and Flaming Freedom...

Yay!

Why does it say *Link removed* in your signature?

It's so cool to see people like you, who I listen to talking to me on the forums!

Apparently, I need to have 15 posts before I can links in my signature? Those should be my personal writing website (zairabear dot com) and my Youtube channel (also Zairabear).

halfspeed

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »

History classes are literally hell for me. And the kids who know politics at my youth group are MARXIST. Probably the most contradictory people in the world. The debates are endless and futile.
It's hard not to become Anarcho-Zionist, and just hide inside our happy little Free State. There will  be someone who is changed because They asked about my Porcupine shirt, or hear me debate and think "hmm he's right". I usually am good at converting stoners haha. A lot of the flak I get is simply because of the word "anarchist". People are incredibly scared of it and they instantly think I burn down Starbucks and throw stuff at riot police. After they hear "libertarian" they think all I do is smoke pot. And they tune out all the cool stuff that goes along with those beliefs. Blah, that really rustles my Jimies.
Oh and on a side note Ridley told me to be in contact with you about video projects.

Letters

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 06:11:23 pm »

Zaira,

I recently joined FSP and felt compelled to make my first post in this thread. I'm 17 and I too reside in California. Like you, I've joined this project because of my disillusionment with the way things are running in my state. New Hampshire seems to be the exact opposite of everything I've dealt with here and that's exactly what I'm looking for. I really can't wait to settle there in a few years and meet some of my fellow free staters.

Punkzilla257

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 08:51:41 am »

I'm 16 and a Gen-u-ine, homegrown, flag-burning, turncoat, but what does that really mean? Is anyone too young for freedom? I mean, I love America as much as the next guy and I'd kill for it, its just our government stuck its corporate noses so far up our asses it's not funny. The dirt is nice and the people are generally swell, that's as far as my patiotism will go. A free state seems appealing, if this works out, America could see an amazing change! Or we could see a second American Civil War, but who says that's a bad thing?  >:D

halfspeed

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 08:14:29 pm »

Well, I'm glad you're all fired up about fixing things but most anarcho-capitalist, Libertarians, agorists, and volutarists agree we should be a very peaceful pacifist movement. ie:Non-Agression Principal.
But any way, it's awesome to hear you're interested in the Free State Project and hopefully you move when you can!
The one suggestion I've heard everywhere and the one that's really helped me is READ READ READ. Almost all of Murray Rothbard's and Ludwig Von Mises books are free to download. And I also suggest "Everything Voluntary-From Politics to Parenting" it's free but the guy asks for donations.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:06 pm »

Man, I can't wait to see a few more nail eaters arriving on the shores of the seacoast.  The winters aren't quite as nice as Cali, but the coast is still decent.

Even if you folk'll make your way inland some, N'Hampsha's an awesome place to be, eh.  Y'all'r invited to everything.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

nhuelle

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:38 pm »

Wow, you seem like a really cool and intelligent person! I'm so glad you get to move to Manchester next summer. I'm 18, also Californian, and also a writer and passionate libertarian. (Here's my blog.</shameless self promotion>)
Pages: [1]   Go Up