Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: $100/mo RV Parking in Grafton  (Read 5145 times)

newtimer

$100/mo RV Parking in Grafton
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:35:39 am »

Park your RV in Grafton near Enfield off of route 4A. Cellular internet and satellite internet are available.

You can comfortably stay year-round if you add in winter-proof hookups:
Estimated $900 for winter-ready water hookup.
Estimated $1,300 for permanent septic hookup, or $300 for construction of an outhouse.
Estimated $300 for permanent or semi-permanent underground electric hookup.

Its possible to find a decent RV with everything in good working order for $3,000 in New Hampshire, or something that looks attractive inside and out for about $10,000.

About the area: If you're looking for a low-cost and quiet or even self-sufficient lifestyle that isn't too far from shopping or other signs of life, this is the perfect place for you. From this heavily forested nook of Grafton, West Lebanon is exactly half an hour away which features most of your big box stores and shopping options, the vast majority of fast food options, and a good number of full service restaurants (Chili's, Applebees, etc). A major job center in Lebanon is about 25 minutes away, which offers a large hospital, a community college, two different light industry strips with several industries having 250+ employees, and software makers TomTom and Novell (both of which have constant openings for software developers). Dartmouth College, a top rated national university, is about a 40 minute drive.

The closest store is a small store with gas & produce about 10 to 15 minutes away.  The closest grocery store and bank is about 20 minutes away in New London. Keene and Concord (which both have lots of activism) are roughly an hour away. Manchester, the biggest city in NH and of course a place for activism is about an hour and a half away. Nashua (current location of Liberty Forum) is under two hours away. Lancaster (current location of Porcfest) is about two hours away.

You'll only encounter dirt roads if you go to other places in Grafton or want to take a shortcut somewhere. You can actually get to the city center of Grafton on pavement only but it takes 45 minutes. The Peaceful Assembly Church is the most prominent building in town, and is owned an FSP mover.

About the town: Grafton is a rural area population about 1,350 with 25 to 40 FSP movers. The last major town meeting where voting took place had very slightly larger numbers of non-movers which ended up resulting in a slightly larger town budget. If ten more FSP members were here, growth would be completely stopped, and if another 25 to 40 FSP movers were here the city government size would slowly reverse. With 350 more movers, the townspeople would be set free as FSP movers would represent a voting majority.

Weather:
Avg High, Avg Low,  Average Temp, Avg. Precip
Apr   54°F   34°F   44°F   4.07 in.
May   66°F   44°F   55°F   4.31 in.
Jun   74°F   54°F   64°F   4.36 in.
Jul   79°F   59°F   69°F   4.10 in.
Aug   77°F   58°F   68°F   3.98 in.
Sep   69°F   50°F   60°F   4.06 in.
Oct   57°F   39°F   48°F   4.75 in.
Nov   45°F   30°F   38°F   4.22 in.
Dec   33°F   19°F   26°F   3.60 in.
Jan   28°F   13°F   21°F   3.17 in.
Feb   32°F   16°F   24°F   3.40 in.
Mar   40°F   23°F   32°F   3.57 in.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:14:41 pm by newtimer »

Knowaymr

Re: $100/mo RV Parking in Grafton
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:01:14 am »

Hello,
  I am interested. I know some about the place, as I have inquired before. If it's still available please contact me.

Thanks
Paul               Knowaymr@yahoo.com

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 01:17:27 pm »

Thanks for posting this. This might seem like a stupid question but some people may want to know. Are there hook ups for electricity and water? If so, do you have a guess to what a monthly bill for those services might be?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:30:16 pm »

Thanks for posting this. This might seem like a stupid question but some people may want to know. Are there hook ups for electricity and water?

According to the ad, you have to pay to have hookups installed.

I assume you don't get a refund when you leave, so you'd have to plan to stay for a while, such that the cost is amortized out over a number of months, for that to be a reasonable deal.

If so, do you have a guess to what a monthly bill for those services might be?

I'd presume that water is not billed; it almost never is at an RV hook-up.  At $100/mo, I'd assume that electricity is individually-metered, as I cannot imagine it being included, at that price.  RV's typically use between $100 and $400 in electricity per month, depending upon many, many factors.  Electric space heaters are a common way of adding additional heat to an RV during the winter, and at current prices, are not much more expensive to operate than a typical RV propane furnace.  That would raise the electric bill, but lower the propane bill.

Someone willing to invest some money installing an electric heat pump on their RV may find that it costs less to heat with electricity than with propane (or even fuel oil).
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Sam Adams

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 11:04:48 am »

I was looking for a place to park my RV, send me a message please. As far as warmth, some stack plastic sheets and straw bales under perimeter of RV. Some even frame 12*12 room with door and wood stove. thanks

Jack Nelson

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:43:11 am »

Please e-mail me directly, so that we might look into this idea further.  radiomessenger1@gmail.com
Jack Nelson

Shamrock

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:21 pm »

looking for info on checking out a spot here for me and my rv....

walkthyplank@gmail.com

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up