Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Room for rent in Rochester, $350 (taken on Sep 22 2012)  (Read 7428 times)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Room for rent in Rochester, $350 (taken on Sep 22 2012)
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:52:54 am »

Update: room taken on September 22. I will update again if this doesn't work out.

Are you wanting to move to the seacoast and don't have a place or much money to get started with a standard housing arrangement? We might have a deal for you! Convenient location, less than 5 minute drive from the Spaulding Turnpike, also only a couple of blocks from downtown business area.

One bedroom in a 3-bedroom house (half of a duplex, really) is available starting immediately, asking $350 plus one-third of shared utilities. Both housemates are liberty-friendly. I am an FSP member and the other one, Sean, is FSP-friendly (unfortunately moved to NH without joining the FSP). We would love to have someone else who is pro-liberty to fill out this house. Also residing here are Sean's 1 1/2 year-old son and a very pregnant kitty.

Our neighborhood seems to be the gathering place for liberty activists in Rochester, I know of 4 others who all live in this same ward (out of 6 in Rochester).

Room is big, located just off the kitchen, rent discounted from normal price because you would have the dryer in your room. There is also a common storage room behind the bedroom.

Month-to-month is fine, Sean has a lease that is up end of May. Big back yard, parking on the street or a driveway behind the house.

Please PM me if you are interested in finding out about the room. We are trying to fill via craigslist too but would prefer to share this house with someone who shares our understanding of liberty.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:34:02 pm by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

AJ O.

Re: Room for rent in Rochester, $350
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 04:47:39 pm »

I would be interested. I am very Pro-Liberty/Pro-Constitution. Perhaps we can chat? I'd like to know more about this room, and I'd be happy to let you know more about myself.

email: parlezlibrement@yahoo.com

I'm also on Facebook. I'll share that info via email/instant messenger.

TJames

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 10:56:20 pm »

I won't likely head over this year but give me your contact information in a private message anyway.

You are not listed on porc manor...

10stateswithnh

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:08:25 pm »

Very temporary opening - and we are not landlords, just roommates looking for another - somehow that didn't seem to fit with the general practices on PorcManor.

My roommate had placed a craigslist ad as well, and we have had some people looking, some nibbles, but no bites. I guess people didn't want to move in to a place where the lease is up in 2 months. We do plan to stay here at this point, but the roommate wants to try to get the landlord to drop the rent, so who knows what will happen then?

I will contact you both privately about your interest. Didn't see a message from parlez.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:16:02 pm by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

TJames

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:33:49 pm »

Well I defiantly can't move now because I'm a delegate at the Maine Republican Convention next May. The price looks good. Even my Mom wants more than that.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:20:26 pm by TravisJ »

10stateswithnh

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:05:13 pm »

If anyone wants to try out the seacoast, we have an opening again in my place near downtown Rochester. It's actually the same room that I originally listed in March. Month-to-month is ok, as long as you actually pay your rent and your share of the utilities, unlike some previous roommates.

We had someone move in in April, but they just left near the end of June, so this same room is open again. Any takers? Please PM me if you're interested. Liberty-loving roommate preferred, especially as Sean and his girlfriend have had a hard time finding suitable renters, rather than people who want to promote a scam, or people who want to exchange labor in lieu of rent - sorry we really do need the cash. Apparently everyone else who has lived here other than me has wound up owing them money for the rent and/or utilities and left without paying them off.

The other residents are myself, Sean and his girlfriend and their now 21-month-old son, the previously pregnant cat still has 1 of her five kittens that was born in March and is apparently pregnant again - so you have to be ok with a toddler and like cats for this to be a good deal I guess.

Big backyard, partially wooded, and a parking area behind the house, lots of extra storage space, and an excellent location only 2 blocks from downtown Rochester. Plus there are several other liberty lovers within a few blocks.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

Room is still available. Please send me a private message if you are interested or need more information. My housemates have not had much luck finding reliable people from craigslist, but we believe liberty-lovers will be more reliable as roommates who actually pay their own way.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

We are still looking for a good roommate to take this room as of July 31st.

Someone asked some questions, so I thought I would add a few details.

It is about 12 feet by 14', except for the 3x3 closet cut into one corner, and unfurnished, except for the dryer, and a rug and a cheap plastic shelf the last resident left.

Parking space on the street is usually pretty available, I'm normally parked right in front of the house, or 1 space away. Driveway is also usually available, at least right now while the other side of the duplex is empty, that may change when they get renters on the other side.

Utility bills vary greatly between summer and winter. Right now each person's share would be only about $40 for both gas and electric, but we had one month when a roommate who is now gone, was wasting both gas and electric, including running the dryer empty and his girlfriend would leave the front door of the house not shut properly as she left so the door was open for several hours, 3 times in winter. That month, the gas bill alone was $250. I don't expect we'll ever get that high if everyone is responsible.

The main thing we're looking for is someone who will pay their rent and utilities on time, every month, reliably. Having them be a liberty-lover would be a big plus.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

Also the first litter of kittens from March have all been given away, they occasionally come back to visit, but the mother just had another batch of 5 on July 29th.

Also the toddler will be two in September, just so you kind of know what to expect.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

Jack Nelson

• FSP Participant

I'm interested.  Please give me a call.  (267) 334-0558.  I'm very much an activist for Constitutional liberty; in reality, a fanatic.  I own the entire library from http://onedollardvdproject.com, and I give them (my DVD's) out free to people who express interest, who are not already waked up.  I'm a member of the FSP.  Jack Nelson
Jack Nelson

10stateswithnh

Re: Room for rent in Rochester, $350 (room still available, as of Sep 2, 2012)
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 09:28:42 am »

This room in Rochester is still available.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

theicecobra

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »

I hear you about the difficulty of finding someone to pay the rent on time and in full each month! I didn't think it would be this hard to find a good renter, porc or not!
-yer buddy Scott

10stateswithnh

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 01:31:18 pm »

Right, thanks. We've finally got someone moving in today.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
Pages: [1]   Go Up