Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prospect from Sweden  (Read 9231 times)

FrankSimon

Prospect from Sweden
« on: September 15, 2011, 02:22:08 pm »

Hi Guys.

I wanted to move to the U.S for as long as i knew it existed and i keep traveling back and forth from Sweden to California..  But then i found out about the Free State Project and have been following its progress from the wrong side of the Atlantic. 

I know my options to live in the U.S or praticipate in the free state project is limited. I think that a work visa and marrige is the only ways possible besides a student visa but i dont want to go deep into debt.

I know the time processing a green card application (from marrige) takes longer in California than in Texas does anyone know how the beaurocracy goes in New Hampshire?

I think my chances finding an empolyer to sponsor my work permit is pretty slim since my degree is in Environmental Science and i work in the pest control industry lol.

Oh well 

thanx in advance for the replies :)

freedomroad

Re: Prospect from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 03:28:09 pm »

I recommend figuring out how you can apply for the lottery system.  Once you figure it out, I recommend that you apply for it as much as possible.

Maybe you could live in the US permanently if you joined some US government service for a certain number of years, I recommend looking into that.

FrankSimon

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:36:03 am »

I recommend figuring out how you can apply for the lottery system.  Once you figure it out, I recommend that you apply for it as much as possible.

Maybe you could live in the US permanently if you joined some US government service for a certain number of years, I recommend looking into that.

The government system as in?

lasse

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 06:50:01 pm »

The government system as in?
There is a system where joining the military lowers the waiting from permanent residency to citizenship to 6 months, as opposed to 3 years or whatever it is.

Even if you had no moral qualms about this, this only applies if you already have a green card! There is no way to get a green card through this.
(not that lasse, the other lasse)

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil - Isaiah 5:20
Pages: [1]   Go Up