Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: (30) PREP FOR HARD TIMES  (Read 121080 times)

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers & CSPOA [Update: Obama, CIA in Trouble?]
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2012, 03:48:45 pm »

BenghaziGate: Good God Almighty! Did Obama And CIA Arm Terrorists Who Murdered Our Ambassador?
Tortured Death by Jihadists

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vJauK0zyofLjLF-DwiHIiTHmqkDCnLkVH-Fb9sZcXlWe-fr5jWS4dWl6eslxA1stPbMd63_5Kpzv2B1I_aFP--a6K2RlrPj2QZTlNOSANMOSqjsQnEjXaEkNuOLm9fLTMKiFvpJHHa7vci-PryzoNLis-34T98UPzG9R86oGhoWzxOqULEWuyw==
- BenghaziGate is a story which is growing legs despite every effort by the CIA, the White House and the U.S. State Department to cover it up. Just as the CIA failed to provide President Kennedy with plausible deniability in the Bay of Pigs fiasco/scandal, and just as CIA could not provide plausible deniability for President Reagan in the Iran-Contra scandal, my bet says CIA is not going to be able to provide President Obama with plausible deniability in the explosive gushing onslaught of revelations now pouring out of the Benghazi attacks of 9/11_2012.
- Hark back to last year's dynamic revelations of the U.S. Department of Justice three-prong assault on our nation's values and our Republic's laws: Remember "Fast and Furious", the ATF's idiotic scheme to arm the Mexican drug cartels so ATF could find out who the bad guys are? And do we all remember the subsequent revelations which followed on the heels of that crime spree by ATF -- Wachovia Bank being fined one hundred sixty million dollars for laundering hundreds of billions of dollars worth of Mexican cartel drug money? -- and finally the exposure of the DEA's habit of helping the Mexican drug cartels actually import drug money into this country so they could find out who the bad guys are? That's right: Drug cartels were getting guns from the ATF's Operation Fast and Furious, while American banks were happy to launder profits for those Mexican drug cartels, and just to make sure the crime wave ran full speed with maximum effect, the damned DEA got caught actually helping the Mexican cartels get the dope across the border!
- Remember all that? It was all being run by Eric Holder's Justice Department. But when compared to BenghaziGate, it was child's play.
- Two gentlemen exposed Fast and Furious fiasco. Those gentlemen are Mike Vanderboegh of Sipsey Street Irregulars (home of the Three Per Cent patriot movement) and David Codrea, investigative journalist for Gun Rights Examiner. They worked tirelessly to convince Sharyl Attkisson of CBS that the story should be taken to the American public. Once CBS got it and ran the story, the cat was out of the bag.
- And that is what is happening right now in the wake of the murder of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya by Islamic Jihadist terrorists. Like David Codrea and Mike Vanderboegh, Glenn Beck is ringing the Liberty Bell, forcefully and loudly, to expose something bigger than Fast and Furious, bigger than Watergate, even bigger than Iran-Contra. It is called:  "BenghaziGate!". As Glenn Beck notes, this one is big enough to take down a sitting U.S. President.
- Glenn Beck is asking if the Obama administration furnished the arms which attacked Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. Beck is also asking if Ambassador Stevens was coordinating the arms trade between Libyan Jihadists, operatives in Turkey, and al Qaeda and related Jihadist terrorist groups in Syria.
- It's election day, 2012. I lament that most American voters who will go to the polls today are clueless about this embryonic story as it struggles to achieve its birth into the public mindset. Regardless, this story will continue to grow -- not just legs, but indeed will grow wings on which it can fly across America and around the world. Oath Keepers salutes Glenn Beck for taking the lead in revealing these questions. We also are grateful to those patriots within our Intelligence community who have helped Glenn Beck connect the dots.

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers & CSPOA [Update: Fed Govt Responsible for CT School Deaths]
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2012, 10:34:45 pm »

December 14th, 2012
The Federal Government is Guilty Accomplice in School Shooting in Newtown Connecticut

There has been a horrendous mass shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.   At this time, 27 people are reported dead, most of them children.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gunmen-connecticut-elementary-school-shooting-dead/story?id=17973836#.UMt08GcSGSo

http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc-police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,3969911.story

This shooting is yet another tragic example of the failed, grotesque insistence on helpless victim zones where any crazed gunman can be assured of a large number of disarmed, undefended, helpless victims, all crammed into one place, where he can kill many children before an armed defender arrives from elsewhere.  It is disturbing and sick that the federal government so hates the right of the American people to bear arms, and so hates their natural right to self defense, that the government insists on making them helpless, disarmed victims for anyone who cares to kill them.   And in this case, all of the teachers and staff were willfully disarmed by the Federal Government, by force of law and threat of prison, to ensure that they would be disarmed and incapable of saving the lives of the children entrusted to their care.

That makes the Federal Government complicit in the deaths of these children, and in fact an accessory to their mass murder, by forcibly disarming (with the very real threat of prison) all the teachers, all the staff, and any parent who may have been on school property.  That stupid law guaranteed the shooters would meet no immediate armed resistance, which is exactly what is needed to stop such an attack.

In such a shooting (as in every criminal attack), seconds count, and the people best positioned to stop the attack are the people on the scene – the intended victims and/or their care-takers.  In this case, that would mean the teachers and staff of the school who were responsible for the well-being of those children, and also the parents, who should have the ability to save the lives of their own children as they take them to and from school.

The police cannot, and do not arrive in time to stop such shooters from killing large numbers of people.  They are a slow reactive force compared to an armed citizen on the scene.   This should be common sense, as it is obvious that in the immediacy of a criminal attack, it is the intended victims (or their immediate care-takers) who are there, in position to put a stop to the attack, if they are capable.  And being capable means being armed, trained, willing, and able to use deadly force, right then, right there.  Anything less leads to what we saw here.

But no doubt the rabid anti-gun government supremacists will use this to further their agenda to disarm the American people, totally ignoring that obvious, plain-as-day truth.   Anti-gun nuts trust the government with guns, but not the people, and insist that the lowly citizen must be disarmed and helpless in the face of murderous assault, and must wait on slow responding armed government employees, who will not be there when the attack starts, and most often can only really clean up the horrendous crime scene afterwards and maybe, just maybe apprehend a shooter who has chosen not to kill himself (as they usually do).

The bottom line is that these teachers and staff at the Sandy Hook Elementary School were incapable of keeping these children safe, and incapable of defending them.  And one of the biggest reasons they were so incapable and unprepared to save the lives of the children entrusted to their care is because the anti-gun nuts and their fellow travelers in government insisted on disarming every adult in the vicinity, by threatening them with prison time – EXCEPT the gunmen, who don’t care about the law and thus were not disarmed.    laws against carrying weapons in schools don’t stop evil men with murderous intent.  Such laws only disarm the law abiding and virtuous, who are now rendered incompetent to defend the precious children in their care.

This is disgusting.  And yet another reason to home-school.  Why would you want to leave your children helpless, in the hands of adults who are  themselves helpless, and incapable of defending them, by government decree?  For all we know, one of the teachers may have been a veteran, with the training and skill to use a firearm if one had been available.  But all the teachers and staff, whatever their ability with firearms, were stripped of the choice and chance to save the lives of these kids.

There are more good guys than bad guys in the world.  But the good guys need to be able to stop the bad guys, and that means  they need to be armed so they can stop the bad guys on the spot, without having to wait for “official” government approved good guys to respond.  Trust the teachers with arms so they can save the lives of their students.

Until the adults are allowed to actually act like adults, and defend themselves and their students, this kind of willful killing will continue to happen, and the federal government will in each case be a guilty party to the conspiracy by ensuring that the targets are disarmed.

Until this changes, you should refuse to give your children over to government schools lorded over by a Federal Government so callous and indifferent to their safety and lives.

Stewart Rhodes,
Founder of Oath Keepers

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers +CSPOA [Update: Govt Responsible for CT School Deaths]
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2013, 06:21:31 pm »

[This is from former Sheriff, Richard Mack, for CSPOA. I heard once that Maricopa County deputized anyone in the county, mostly without pay, who was not convicted of crime, i.e. volunteers. I'm not sure if that's still the case, if it was.  I imagine it's legal to deputize volunteers. Is it not? I mean without pay.
- I would favor also informing deputies that driver licenses are only required for those whose vehicle is used to haul freight or passengers for fees, and that deputies are not required to have a driver license, nor are others who do not collect fees from hauling on public roads. - Luck]

We recently had Sheriff Joe Arpaio at our CSPOA Convention.  He's been a good friend of mine over the years and I want to show my support for his latest initiative to protect children.

Instead of merely talking about what should or shouldn't be done about guns, he is taking action.  He is deploying his posse to patrol the schools in his county.

Of course, he has many critics, especially from those that would infringe upon our second amendment rights.  But just like the loyal patriot and protector that he is, Sheriff Joe is taking action.

The Obama Administration's task force will spend millions of tax-payer dollars to talk about how to violate the second amendment under the guise of protecting our children.

What Sheriff Joe is doing is taking action to protect our children and our right to protect ourselves.

I would encourage everyone to call their local Sheriff's department and tell them what is happening in Maricopa County.  Let's take action to protect our children!

Donate Online: www.cspoa.org

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:34:58 pm by Luck »

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: Oathkeepers +CSPOA [Update: Govt Responsible for CT School Deaths]
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:15 pm »

I believe in NH you might be able to deputize without pay. Not sure of the liability issue to the taxpayers.

But you must have a DL deemed legit by the State to operate on public roads for certain forms of transport.

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers +CSPOA [Update: Cops Refuse to Enforce Weapons Ban]
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:22 pm »

Video: Oath Keeper Officer Calls on Brother Cops to Refuse to Enforce Gun Bans or Registration
Posted on January 15, 2013
[Click here to see the website. To join Oath Keepers, see oathkeepers.org]
http://constitutionalistoathkeepers.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/video-oath-keeper-officer-calls-on-brother-cops-to-refuse-to-enforce-gun-bans-or-registration/

In this video [The link isn't working yet.], Oathkeeper151, a New Jersey Police Officer who has been a member of Oath Keepers since 2009, makes it clear that he will not obey orders that violate the Bill of Rights. In particular, he says he will not be used as a tool of oppression against the American people who resist and refuse to comply with infringement on their right to bear arms, such as legislation or executive orders that decree they must register, get finger printed and photographed, like a criminal.

In the video, he asks his fellow officers what they are going to do if that happens. Will they keep their oaths? Here is his own description of his video:

In this video I ask my fellow Police Officers what they would do, if they were given an unlawful order. I also touch on the Assault Weapons Ban introduced by Senator Feinstein, and how this bill has the potential of putting us Police Officers in a very bad/even fatal predicament.

I spoke to him on the phone and he made it clear that he is not afraid to take this public stand because this is what needs to happen. The peace officers need to stand up and let the people know that they are on the side of the Bill of Rights, and that they will protect the rights of the people. In one of the comments on his video, another officer had this to say:

I’ll lay my badge down, stop doing what I love if someone tries to make me do something immoral or unconstitutional. Good video, take care

Oathkeeper151 agrees. He told me that if there were door to door raids for guns against Americans who refused to comply with registration or bans, he would either defend the people with his badge on, stepping between them and the oath breakers doing the raids, or he would lay his badge down on the table and then go join the people in resisting. He loves his work as a police officer, but his oath, and his responsibility to protect the people of his community, is more important than his job. His oath comes first. The rights of he people come first…. and he is not alone.

Molon Labe,

Stewart Rhodes
Founder of Oath Keepers

My Personal Pledge of Resistance Against Any Attempt to Disarm Us by Means of an “Assault Weapons Ban”

My conscience, and the urgency of our current situation, compel me to speak out.  The victim disarmament freaks are now telling us that they don’t want to disarm us- oh, no!  They just want to take away our “assault weapons” – our semi-automatic, magazine fed, military-style rifles – and the “high capacity” magazines that feed them.   They want us to believe that so long as we can own some kind of firearm, after our semi-auto military rifles are taken, we are not disarmed.  That is a LIE.

The truth is that our semi-automatic, military pattern rifles are the single most important kind of arm we can own, and are utterly necessary for effective defense of our lives, property, and liberty.    When you are disarmed of your military rifles, you are DISARMED.   At that time, the lion’s share of your military capacity to effectively resist tyranny is removed (yes, accurate bolt action hunting rifles are useful in that role too, but the semi-auto battle rifle is truly the Queen of battle, as Col. Jeff Cooper correctly noted).   It is a significant force on the battlefield, and as Patrick Henry said, when you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.

It is the height of Orwellian perversion of language and logic to say that disarming you of the most effective arms for combat that you still have is somehow not really disarming you, because you still have hunting rifles and shotguns.  And you can bet that if you let them take your military semi-autos, next on their list will be your bolt action rifles, which they will call “sniper rifles” (and by God, that is certainly what they are good for!).   And then when they have those, they will go after any weapon that holds more than a few rounds,  or is capable of any degree of long range accuracy and penetrating power, telling you that you really don’t need one of those to hunt or target practice (a shotgun will suffice), and then they will take everything except single shot shotguns or .22’s (as was done in England) and on  down the line.  So long as you have at least a .22, they will say you are not “disarmed” while they take everything else (and then they will take the .22s, or insist that you keep them at a gun-range).

We need to call a spade a spade and teach our fellow citizens that taking away military style semi-autos is disarmament.  And we need to throw down the gauntlet and take a hard stand against it, right now.  When we, as Oath Keepers, pledged to not obey any orders to disarm the American people, this is what we meant.  Any attempt to disarm the people of any arms currently in their possession is illegitimate and must be nullified, refused, disobeyed, and resisted.

And so, in response to this obvious assault on our right to keep and bear arms (as in military arms),  I feel compelled to make the following personal pledge:

I Stewart Rhodes, as an American, as a military veteran, and as a father, pledge the following:
[Click here to see the rest of the article.]
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/12/19/my-personal-pledge-of-resistance-against-any-attemp-to-disarm-us-by-means-of-an-assault-weapons-ban/

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:19 pm »

[This is new from former Sheriff Richard Mack.]

Dear Friends and Patriots,

Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky, was on Fox News recently vowing to protect his citizens from any unconstitutional executive order that would take away our second amendment rights.

We need more sheriffs like Denny Peyman that will protect the Constitution and our Republic.

In the coming days, I will challenge every county sheriff in this country to stand with me, and those like Sheriff Peyman, to stand up against government encroachment on our right to bear arms.

I encourage those of you who love freedom to contact your local sheriff and demand they take a stand!

Here is a link to the Fox News interview with Sheriff Peyman.
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001soX44c__n3x6qAiuLOJaaBF_hBw6Gs8jydUIe2GpJ16eBIgyNQF2SyGVZMikosbfztCHHNeQLutZuxC-E9-dmme6kp_YiKduEnZZSyjlO0kx_vFdoVQS82S74qY8in6MMYZLaQtsjeE=

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 06:03:37 pm »

Any chance the Sheriff will arrest the State Legislature and Governor for accepting federal funds not authorized by the US Constitution?

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:05 pm »

[Richard Mack said lately the following, apparently to remind folks that his group will take donations for a good cause. I don't know if they plan to arrest crooked legislators some day, but there has to be some kind of remedy. - Luck]

I am ecstatic about the growing number of sheriffs around the country vowing to defend the Second Amendment against Obama's unlawful gun control efforts.

There is a growing list of sheriffs on our website who have said "NO" to enforcing gun control.

As the groundswell continues, we expect more and more sheriffs to come out of the woodwork and join our coalition against tyranny!

"When government fears the people, there is liberty.  When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Donate Online: www.cspoa.org

Mail Donations To:
CSPOA - Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association
112 Ridgewood Dr.
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2013, 01:25:16 am »

Did Obama's EOs even have anything to do with sheriffs? I thought it was only federal agents under his authority?

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2013, 07:39:31 pm »

The Brady Bill tried to make all law enforcement people responsible for enforcing gun control, including county sheriffs. Richard Mack was a sheriff then in the early 90s. He and another sheriff sued and they won their case in the Supreme Court. They won on the argument that the federal govt can't tell local govt people what to do.

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers +CSPOA [Update: Gun Rights Rally Providence, RI Friday 10 a.m.]
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013, 03:28:18 pm »

[There will apparently be rallies at every state capitol, but Oathkeepers founder, Stewart Rhodes, will speak at the RI rally.]

February 8th 2013: Peaceful demonstration at every state capital for our 2nd amendment rights
Stewart Rhodes, Oath Keepers Founder

Oath Keepers Founder, Stewart Rhodes, will speak at the gun rights rally in Providence RI ~ On Friday Feb 8th 10:00 AM, at the Capital.  Attend a rally in your state!

Rhode Islanders will join thousands of other Americans in a nationwide event being held at every state capital, on Friday,  10 a.m. (local time) to show support for our right to keep and bear arms.

Oath Keepers are encouraged to attend any rallies held in their state.

Across the nation, states are looking to create even more gun regulations. In January, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, after violating the NY legal process and rushing the legislation through under dark of night, signed into law the New York Safe Act.  Essentially turning law-abiding American gun owners into felons overnight simply by possessing any magazines that hold more than 7 rounds.  On Sunday, January 6th, 2013, Staff Sgt. Nathan Haddad, a highly decorated combat veteran, was driving through Jefferson County New York when he was randomly pulled over for a vehicle check. Haddad, who had five 30 round empty magazines in his possession, was arrested by the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department and charged with five felony counts. He is now facing 35 years in prison, seven years for each empty magazine. This attack on Hassad is seen for what it is, an attack on every law abiding citizen in America. The Second Amendment clearly states:  "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, "Shall Not Be Infringed.""

We hope this rally will show public officials, that the community will support them when they uphold their oath to the Constitution and they will be held accountable if they choose to dishonor that commitment to their constituents."

Among the many prominent speakers at the Providence, RI rally will be: Stewart Rhodes (The founder of the national Oath Keepers organization)  along with Blake A. Filippi, from the 10th Amendment Center (The 10th amendment Center has been instrumental in passing various Frearms Freedom Acts in over 16 states and counting).

Join the national event page on FaceBook:  "Peaceful demonstration at every state capital for our 2nd amendment rights"

Join the Providence event page on FaceBook:  "Providence peaceful demonstration for our 2nd amendment rights"

If you think you have something more important to do this Friday "You Don't!"

OathKeepers.org

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers +CSPOA [Update: Restore Sheriff's Powers in Delaware]
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2013, 09:59:39 am »

Sheriff Jeff Christopher

[Today], March 8, 2013, Sheriff Jeff Christopher of Delaware will be in Superior Court in Georgetown, Delaware.  The state of Delaware has previously passed a law which declares that the elected sheriff in that state has no powers of arrest.  The sheriff's duties have been reduced to serving court papers and running foreclosure sales, and Sheriff Christopher is working to change that.

We here at the CSPOA understand the important role of the sheriff as an interposer on behalf of the people.  Others in government understand this as well, and they are doing what they can to keep the sheriff out of the way.

Using his personal funds, Sheriff Christopher is taking the issue to court to restore the powers of his office, and this is where you come in.  It takes a lot of money to fight the government in court.

Why should you care about what happens in Delaware?  Well, we're setting a precedent.  There are several states that either never had or have eliminated the office of sheriff.  Now others are seeking to limit the sheriff's power.

Sheriff Richard Mack wrote a book not too long ago entitled, "The County Sheriff: America's Last Hope."  The elimination of the sheriff or the limitation of his powers is a trend that we cannot allow to continue!  This is another attempt to destroy the people's protector and replace him with state police: officers who just follow orders and answer to bureaucrats instead of to the people as the sheriff does.

Please visit www.cspoa.org to read more and find out how you can donate to this important cause.  It could have a ripple effect that touches all of us.

The CSPOA is already helping Sheriff Christopher financially and we've set up a special donation button to ask for additional funds.  Any and all donations given there will go directly to Sheriff Christopher.

In liberty,

Richard Mack

-----

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=3590
Sheriffs Bushwhacked
Sussex County Sheriff Jeff Christopher

• Delaware attorney general strips county sheriffs of arrest powers
By Pat Shannan

Sheriff Jeff Christopher of Sussex County, Delaware, when he was elected to the office in 2010, thought he was handpicked by the people to represent them as the highest-ranking law officer in the county. Instead, he has found himself in the middle of a fight for the future of American law enforcement as a result of a nationwide effort to abolish the sheriff’s office altogether.

It is one more example of federal and state governments ignoring the will of the people as well state laws. In the case of Delaware, the state’s own  constitution stipulates that the office of the sheriff is a constitutionally created position just like the secretary of state and the attorney general. Delaware’s Constitution states: “The sheriffs shall be conservators of the peace within the counties . . . in which they reside.”

This time it is Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, sending out mandates to commissioners informing them that their sheriffs no longer have arrest powers. In an opinion released February 24, State Solicitor L.W. Lewis said that neither the state nor the common law grants arrest powers to the county sheriffs.

It would appear that Lewis is a little confused. The office of sheriff was created more than a century before the official founding of the United States. Delaware’s first sheriff took office in 1669.

Christopher tells AMERICAN FREE PRESS that the two administrations prior to his — as far back as 2000 — began to notice a reduction in funding and the chipping away of powers of the office in general.

“Now my deputies and I have been relieved of all arrest powers and can’t even make a traffic stop,” he said. “Delaware has only three counties. . . The other two sheriffs . . . will not stand up with me” to prevent the elimination of county law enforcement, he said.

During an interview at the Las Vegas Sheriffs Conference in January, Christopher told AFP that the impotence of his office was brought home to him when he was hit in the eye and kicked by County Councilman Vance Phillips but was unable to arrest him.

Beau Biden’s questionable ruling against the longtime tradition of the sheriff being the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the county because of election by the people means the state’s usurpation of the office appears to be a forthcoming fact.

Pat Shannan is an AFP contributing editor and the author of several best-selling videos and books.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2013, 08:14:31 pm »

Revitalization of the State Militias
A Review of Edwin Vieira's The Sword And Sovereignty
by Nelson Hultberg

On April 19, 1775, the battles of Lexington and Concord on the outskirts of Boston ignited the conflict that led to the most momentous political event of man's history - the Declaration of Independence and the birth of America. In the early morning hours of that day, a command of British troops was dispatched from Boston to search out and confiscate stores of militia weapons and supplies at Concord. On the way they confronted a small and unimposing band of armed American militia at Lexington. The British Major John Pitcairn shouted out, "Ye villains, ye Rebels, disperse; damn you, disperse! Lay down your arms!"

The American militia were under the command of Captain, John Parker; and their orders were to remain non-antagonistic to the British. They were outnumbered by almost ten to one. So why didn't they lay down their arms when ordered to do so? "Because," says constitutional scholar Edwin Vieira, "free men with a duty to keep and bear arms never willingly lay down their arms. And at Lexington, none of them did." The heroic militia Captain John Parker warned his men, "if they mean to have a war let it begin here." And begin it did.

Importance of the State Militias

With his newest book,The Sword and Sovereignty, Edwin Vieira, Jr., has given us a magisterial work that meticulously documents the history of the early American Militias and why similar units must be revitalized today if we are to adequately confront our disintegration as a society and restore the republic that the Founders gave us. It is a book that will profoundly shock 98 percent of Americans. It is so overpowering in its legal logic and constitutional veracity that the intellectuality of Cicero and Plutarch comes to mind as one reads the prose. It is not a book that can be read lightly; it demands a tolerance for legal thought and abstract conceptualization.

But for those "men of the mind" who understand the importance of ideas in the unfolding of history, the effort will be most rewarding. You will be shown an entirely new way of seeing things regarding guns, militia, the Second Amendment, homeland security, how they intertwine, and how they have been grossly misrepresented by quisling, pseudo-experts of the establishment.For the first 125 years of our history, the "Militia of the several States" was a highly honored institution that played a vital role in preserving the concept of federalism upon which our system of freedom depends. This ended with the Militia Act of 1903, which shifted the "Militia of the several States" into National Guard units under the auspices of the national military. State and local control was eliminated.

In addition, as Vieira tells us, over the past century or decades "of disuse, misuse, and abuse have so thoroughly muddled the meaning of 'Militia' in contemporary American political discourse that the word is hardly ever encountered except as invective, usually well-freighted with vituperative adjectives such as 'extremist' and 'violent', broadcast by the enemies of constitutional government (and their dupes and other 'useful idiots') for the purpose of intimidating into silence the people they intend to oppress as soon as the vast majority of Americans has been thoroughly disarmed through one form of 'gun control' or another."

Anybody today with a modicum of brains can see that our nation is being transformed into a "first-class police state." Homeland Security and Washington's outrageous "Patriot Acts" are Alice in Wonderland institutions that have taken us a giant step down the path to Orwell's nightmare. Our military-industrial complex grows exponentially. The Federal Government has become a Godzilla of ugliness and menace. Our Congressmen are Machiavellian schemers wallowing in sophistic mazes and treason to truth.

Vieira's answer to this pernicious evolution is startling. As with all big thinkers in history, he asks us (like Steve Jobs did to his comrades at Apple) to "Think Different!" He maintains that America cannot be saved unless she revitalizes her original concept of the "Militia of the several States."

The Sword and Sovereignty explains - in 1,945 pages of text and 305 pages of appendixes, tables, and notes - why this must be done and how to constitutionally do it. Magisterial scholarship is putting it mildly.

History and Restoration of the Militias

The book explores the legal history of the pre-constitutional Militia statutes of colonial times to demonstrate that armed and well-regulated Militias formed on the state level are what the Founders intended for the provision of "homeland security." The monstrosity of today's centralized Homeland Security Department in Washington is not needed; a revival of the "Militia of the several States" and unequivocal acknowledgement of the people's right to bear arms will give us everything we require. This will decentralize "security" in the country and help greatly to check the ominous peril [from] the military-industrial complex.

Many Americans will perceive this as a quixotic attempt to turn back the clock and revive a hopeless anachronism that prevailed in the era of flintlock muskets and tri-cornered caps. Not so. Vieira demonstrates his points legally with the same overpowering logic that Ludwig von Mises puts forth economically in Human Action. Mises was relentless in rational destructions of the socialists' sinister fallacies. So too is Vieira in his dismantling of the arguments of today's collectivist control freaks. After he traces the legal history of pre-constitutional Militia and gun statutes, he then lays out seventeen fundamental principles (in seventeen chapters) to define how the constitutional structure and service of a revitalized "Militia of the several States" would be validated. When one is done reading these seventeen chapters, he sees clearly that a revitalization of the state Militias is constitutionally legitimate and workable in the modern day. Whether or not they can be revived is, of course, an open question. There is huge opposition in all establishment schools, bureaucracies, and courts to such a radical restructuring of society's power relationships. But Vieira demonstrates in compelling fashion why and how it can be done if Americans still have the will.

One of the most profound parts of the book is its explanation in Chapter One of the present day fallacy of "judicial supremacy," showing how the Supreme Court is not the ultimate judge of "what the law is." Congress stands above the Court and may stipulate how the Judges are to interpret the laws. But most importantly, the People stand above Congress, for they are the creators of Congress via the Constitution. WE THE PEOPLE rule in America, not congressional despots and judicial oligarchs.

As the famous eighteenth century jurist, Sir William Blackstone, observed in Commentaries on the Laws of England, "whenever a question arises between the society at large and any magistrate vested with powers originally delegated by that society, it must be decided by the voice of the society itself: there is not upon earth any other tribunal to resort to."Thus the salvation of America must come with reassertion of the citizens' fundamental right to decide the ultimate issues of their lives. Through political techniques such as nullification on the part of juries and state governments the overweening excesses of today's Federal Government and its bureaucratic thugs can be brought to heel.

It is important to understand that Vieira is NOT proposing "private" Militias, the likes of which we have seen in recent years from racial supremacy groups and neo-Nazi extremists. What Vieira is proposing is the revitalization of governmentally created and legitimized Militia units among the states that our Constitution calls irrevocably for. These will be legislated and regulated by the state governments. They will be official government bodies in all the towns and cities of the land, not rogue factions that operate from wilderness hideouts. The leftist establishment media will, no doubt, attempt to portray Vieira's plan as the promotion of wilderness wackos reveling in burning crosses and white sheets; but hopefully learned Americans will recognize such smear tactics as the inexcusable liberal vacuity that it is.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »

(Cont.)

Benefits of Militia Restoration

There are so many benefits to such a revitalization. As Vieira writes, "Today, at every level of the federal system, America is woefully unprepared to deal effectively with hurricanes, tornados, floods, earthquakes, and other natural disasters; with major industrial accidents, such as leakages from offshore oil-drilling rigs or meltdowns of nuclear power plants; with epidemics and pandemics; with crop failures and possibly attendant famines; with invasions through the Volkerwanderung of illegal immigration; with economic breakdowns, and in particular a collapse of this country's monetary and banking systems; and with the myriad threats posed by real terrorism. 'Well regulated Militia', however, not only could deal with the consequences of such events, but also could forefend many of them." In addition, the Militia can be used to investigate the constitutionality of the laws that they execute, they can supervise honest elections, they can help to repel invasions, they can help local police, they can be very instrumental in defeating the machinations of globalism, etc.

Another crucial point to grasp is that the revitalized Militia will not be in any way a part of the regular military, nor will they be under the thumb of Congress. This is the way the Constitution established them in the beginning, and this is the way they must be revived. They will be institutions of unity and defense at the state government level. Their revival will begin the vital process of restoring "federalism."

Owning Guns Not Enough

Vieira explains that the individual right to bear arms as a defense against tyranny will not suffice in and of itself. "For, confronted by usurpers and tyrants deploying 'standing armies' and para-militarized police forces, or by hordes of foreign invaders, armed individuals in isolation or in small groups would likely prove feckless." In other words, just the right to bear arms is not enough. What is necessary is the establishment of collective, coordinated state Militias. This is why the Second Amendment says, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The pre-constitutional colonial and state statutes during the 150 years leading up to 1787, demonstrate irrefutably that Militias organized on the state and local levels were held by the patriots of the era to be vital for the defense of freedom and order in the republic. The modern day is no different; in fact, such institutions are even more vital. Upon this right of individual and local self-defense, there can be no compromise.

Most libertarians and conservatives are aware of the recent testimony in front of Congress by Suzanna Hupp regarding our right to bear arms. She was one of the victims of the tragic Luby's massacre in Killeen, Texas in 1991 and lost both her parents to the gun-toting madman. She testified to our Washington solons that if she had been allowed to carry the gun she owned in her purse, she would have been able to kill the madman and would have saved numerous lives including her parents.

Then she topped off her heroic testimony with these searing words as she stared Senator Charles Schumer and his imperious cronies right in the eyes: "I am sitting here getting more and more fed up with all of this talk about these pieces of machinery having no legitimate sporting purpose, no legitimate hunting purpose. People, that is not the point of the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting.... It is about our rights, all of our rights to be able to protect ourselves from all of you guys up there."

How to Bring About the Revitalization

The Militias of early America in both pre and post Constitution eras were basically compulsory institutions. The states mandated that all able-bodied men were subject to membership and duty. In other words the states had the right to impress citizens into the Militia. This, of course, will not be acceptable to the libertarian community of the modern day. So if the Militias are to be revived, they will have to be voluntarily joined as Independent Militia Companies formed by the state governments. And this is the procedure that Vieira advocates. Independent Militia Companies must spring up under the auspices of the state governments via volunteers. Vieira goes into detail, however, explaining how the early American viewpoint was that membership in the Militias had to be compulsory, and that eventually they should be formed into such units as Americans are educated in this upcoming century toward their duties as well as their rights in maintaining a free republic. He makes a very passionate case for regaining the "all for one and one for all" spirit that animated early Americans' willingness to tolerate compulsory membership in their local Militias. Being a political libertarian, I would disagree on this point and rely permanently on voluntary units as the undergirding structure to revitalization. The Militias might not work as efficiently, and their memberships might not be spread as evenly among all citizens, but they will be a lot safer units of government under volunteer recruitment policies. The Founders understood the power lusting nature of man and the necessity for citizens to be armed and organized at all times as protection from their rulers. Suzanna Hupp understands this. Edwin Vieira understands it. And now we as a people must come to realize it. Our right to bear arms has nothing to do with duck hunting. State Militias have nothing to do with wilderness wackos.

"The struggle that has been thrust upon Americans," writes Vieira, "is not one to preserve the uniquely American way of life, but to restore it." The plague of factions and collectivist usurpers have decimated the republic. "Today, the true America exists only as fleeting, dissipating shadows of her former self."

The Sword and Sovereignty's message will go a long way toward restoring that resplendent America we lost. It is a profoundly patriotic work of powerful impact that can direct our intelligentsia toward a rediscovery of our real roots. Any thinking man or woman today who fears for America's survival needs to tackle this book. It is available in CD format at Amazon.

Nelson Hultberg * February 10 2013

-
Nelson Hultberg is a freelance writer in Dallas, Texas and the Director of Americans for a Free Republic www.afr.org. His articles have appeared in such publications as the Dallas Morning News, The American Conservative, Insight, The Freeman, and Liberty, as well as on numerous Internet sites such as The Daily Bell, Financial Sense, and Safe Haven. He is also the author of
The Golden Mean: Libertarian Politics, Conservative Values to be released in March of 2013. Email him at: nelshultberg@aol.com
-
Your comments are welcome under this article at Oath Keepers' national website: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2013/02/11/nelson-hultberg-revitalization-of-the-state-militias/

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers +CSPOA [Constitutional Sheriff Assassinated Today]
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2013, 04:48:13 pm »

It is a tragic and very sad day for all Americans, that we have learned of the assassination of Sheriff Eugene Crum of Mingo County, West Virginia. Sheriff Crum was very dedicated to his community and he will be sorely missed. The CSPOA and all its members and staff extend our most heartfelt condolences to Sheriff Crum's family and the Mingo County Sheriff's Office. Sheriff Crum was shot shortly after noon today near the courthouse in Mingo County. A suspect is in custody.
Sheriff Eugene Crum

In liberty,
Richard Mack
CSPOA - Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association
staf@cspoa.org (480)840-9091
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Up