Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to NH in September, probably in seacoast area, looking for a room  (Read 2478 times)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast

Hello - I will be arriving in NH around September 17, perhaps a few days sooner. I need to rent a room. I will be transferring to 1 of 5 stores with my current employer. 4 of the stores are near the seacoast, so I guess there is an 80% chance I will wind up there (the other one is in Concord). I am looking for a room to rent somewhere in the area of Seabrook, Hampton, Portsmouth, Exeter, or Epping. I would prefer to have a Porc landlord but that is negotiable. I currently pay $400/month in rent for a small bedroom here in Utah and I would like to keep the amount close to that but I understand it may be a little more expensive in NH. I am willing to sign a lease for 6 months if that helps with the price.

I don't need much space, I do have some papers and emergency supplies, more stuff like that than most single guys, but I can keep that in storage if necessary. I do have an electronic piano I would like to have in a common area somewhere if the bedroom doesn't have room for it (it has the same footprint as an upright but is shorter and lighter).

Please let me know if you know of any available rooms in this area, especially any porc manors (unfortunately Max's in Seabrook is the only one I saw in the area I'm looking at on porcmanor.com, and he told me he has no vacancies. the Milton one is on there too but too far from my likely work).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:45:28 pm by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

10stateswithnh

Does anyone know of other PorcManors in the seacoast area, besides the two in Seabrook and Milton, where a newly-arriving Porc can just rent a single bedroom from a Porcupine landlord?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org

Yeah!  Seacoast, baby!
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

10stateswithnh

I just received an offer for a position in Newington, so most likely I will want a place in Portsmouth, Dover, or Durham area, in order to not have to drive too far. Does anyone know of anything with a Porc landlord in these cities/towns?

I also want to see if anyone has any advice on which of these places is best to move to in order to help the liberty movement.
Which of this cities do we have more of a need for activists in? Where would I be most likely to be able to affect the outcome of elections (not necessarily just with my own vote but also persuading others), of those 3 cities? How many FSPers do these places have, anyway?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

I will probably arrive there on or before the 17th, so I could use a place to crash for a couple of days, which wouldn't have to be as close to Portsmouth as the place I will move there (yet to be arranged). I would really prefer not to have to commit to a 1-year lease on a place I haven't even seen, so those couple of days could be really useful.

I want to be there on the 16th, actually, so I can go to MassCann in Boston.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

Re: Moving to NH in September, probably in seacoast area, looking for a room
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 01:10:52 pm »

Well, I'm still looking for a place. I may take a place in Dover or Somersworth, but I really want to be in Rochester.
I may have a couple of options in Rochester and Somersworth, on Oct 1, if I can come up with personal references. The problem is that I was a hermit in Utah - I just went to work, and visited my family every couple of weeks. The rest of the time I just stayed at home and kept to myself. A couple of times I was going to church, but only for 2 or 3 weeks. So the only people who really knew me were coworkers and roommates, and since I didn't get their info while I was there, I'm having a hard time finding it. Any advice?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

Re: Moving to NH in September, probably in seacoast area, looking for a room
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 08:20:58 pm »

Now it's looking like I may get a place without any of that - I gave the guy my Facebook page and it seems that was good enough, except for a landlord verification.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
Pages: [1]   Go Up