Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A wife for the project  (Read 9969 times)

Sean0

A wife for the project
« on: July 22, 2011, 03:12:48 pm »

I have found myself by chance, with the opportunity to marry an American. She wants to live in Europe, and I want throw myself at freedom. Getting married is the easy part. Here in Ireland the state actually ruled that the police cannot stop marraiges of convenience because this would open a can of worms incentivisng ex-lovers et al to cause a racket. The next stage will be more tedious.

Has anybody had the experience of pulling something like this off? Now I've checked the details roughly, what forms you have to fill in etc but what the state says in theory is never what happens in practice...so does anyone have any extra information on the possibility of this working?

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: A wife for the project
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:54:24 pm »

Awesome.  You guys could participate in FSP-NH and Free State Ireland, eh!
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Sean0

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:54:07 am »

;D The No State Project in Ireland is a not going ahead for the moment, there needs to be years of work done before that can begin to take shape. Maybe I can get some practice in New Hampshire and bring it back over here!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:31:59 pm by Sean0 »

mauiguy

• Made it!! Porcfest rocks!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 03:17:47 pm »

;D The No State Project in Ireland is a not going ahead for the moment, there needs to be years of work done before that can begin to take shape. Maybe I can get some practice in New Hampshire and bring it back over here!
^^^
Winning!! 
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ~Samuel Adams~  
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -- Professor Bernardo de la Paz, _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_, by Robert Heinlien

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:36:25 pm »

I have found myself by chance, with the opportunity to marry an American. She wants to live in Europe, and I want throw myself at freedom. Getting married is the easy part. Here in Ireland the state actually ruled that the police cannot stop marraiges of convenience because this would open a can of worms incentivisng ex-lovers et al to cause a racket. The next stage will be more tedious.

Has anybody had the experience of pulling something like this off? Now I've checked the details roughly, what forms you have to fill in etc but what the state says in theory is never what happens in practice...so does anyone have any extra information on the possibility of this working?
Not sure what you mean by "pulling something off like this".  If you mean a non-U.S. citizen obtaining the legal right to live and work in the U.S. by marrying an American citizen, yes, more than one Porcupine has pulled it off.  Be forewarned that it's a multi-year process, requires hundreds (at a minimum) of dollars and a buttload of bureaucratic paperwork, and you'll still be treated like dirt by the U.S. government.  But if your goal is to live and work "on the record" in the U.S., it's worth considering.
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com

Sean0

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 05:30:42 am »

My aim is gain the right to work. Getting the a citizenship will most likely be out of the question because the woman I'm marrying wants to stay in Europe. This is known as a fiance type visa that allows me work in the country without her being there.

In your above post when you say "a multi-year process" are you refering to citizenship or the above? I don't mind how long it takes, I'm going to get there.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 02:39:16 pm »

Friday.. I think he is proposing to you... :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything