Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A good area in NH for two seniors and a teenager.  (Read 3790 times)

AgoristTeen2

A good area in NH for two seniors and a teenager.
« on: July 15, 2011, 03:30:41 pm »

Hello, I'm trying to convince my grandma, and legal guardian that moving to NH would be in our best interests...I'll being doing it anyway when I'm 18, and earn my freedom  from my Government Youth Indoctrination Camp, but I think it'd be good for her to move with me...and I have a question. Do any of you who are currently living in NH or who are moving to NH in the near future have any suggestions on where we should move too. Consider: My family is made up of 1. 91 year old woman who will be 92 in October and is incredibly healthy for her age. 1 70 year old woman who isn't so healthy for her age. and 1. 17 year old guy who is pretty healthy for his age, and is intelligent and willing to do whatever it takes for my family to survive in relative comfort. So suggestions on where to go, in NH or if we should go at all?

waifofthenorth

• Wandering Waif of the North
Re: A good area in NH for two seniors and a teenager.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:43:48 pm »

What kind of work do you want to do? Do you want to go to college? Do the older folks need to be near medical care facilities? Do you want to living near a city or in the country?

I just moved, so I don´t know everywhere really well, but these are some questions that might help, that I thought of.

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 02:58:54 pm »

What kind of work do you want to do? Do you want to go to college? Do the older folks need to be near medical care facilities? Do you want to living near a city or in the country?

I just moved, so I don´t know everywhere really well, but these are some questions that might help, that I thought of.

I'm hoping to go into medical research, but I'm willing to do something like freelance writing or an agorist business of some kind to support myself and the two old folks, until I graduate college and get a job as a medical researcher.

Yes I want to go to college, I'm hoping to go to Dartmouth.

Yes my grandma and great-grandma do need to be near medical care facilities, so in or near a city would be best for now at least.

waifofthenorth

• Wandering Waif of the North
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 03:26:00 pm »

Would you want to live with your Grandmother or just near enough to visit? If you are going to Dartmouth, you could just have them live near there, and when you graduate and find a job you could figure out if they want to move too. I do believe the university has an affiliated hospital...

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 03:30:30 pm »

Hm. That sounds pretty good.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 03:36:12 pm »

Might want to consider the Seacoast Region....Wentworth-Douglas has a massive hospital presence in the area, and UNH is in Durham.  Personal opinion, it is also a pretty together place for young folks! :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 08:09:12 pm »

I recommend Dartmouth .... if you can get in, and your parents (or guardians) don't make a lot of money .... you go for free. Also the big research medical research center. Some of our friends are doing that sort of work after medical school. Also a big choice for old folks that like the big hospital.
:)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:07 am »

I recommend Dartmouth .... if you can get in, and your parents (or guardians) don't make a lot of money .... you go for free. Also the big research medical research center. Some of our friends are doing that sort of work after medical school. Also a big choice for old folks that like the big hospital.
:)

I know about how to get in for free..that's one of the many reasons I want to go to Dartmouth. The Medical Research center is another reason, since that's what I'm hoping to do as a career. But I'll make sure to let my legal guardians know about that.

Might want to consider the Seacoast Region....Wentworth-Douglas has a massive hospital presence in the area, and UNH is in Durham.  Personal opinion, it is also a pretty together place for young folks! :)

But I'll also consider this area, a massive hospital presence is a good thing, considering my grandma and great-grandma, and if your "personal opinion" is accurate..well it sounds like a great area. I will definitely be looking into the Seacoast Region along with the other areas.

Porcsmouth

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 06:38:12 pm »

The winter is less brutal in the Seacoast as well, since the ocean moderates the weather some. That might make it easier on the older folks.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 11:45:13 am »

Yeah, but you almost have to be east of 95 to get that effect.  You get a little bit of ocean effect as far out as Exeter, but not so much.  If winters are rough on folks, the closer to the water, the better.  Seabrook and Portsmouth are probably the best winter-mobile towns in the state, IMX.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Porcsmouth

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 03:43:33 pm »

Right. What's better for a a teen and two seniors than being in the walkable beauty of Portsmouth? =D

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 05:17:42 pm »

check with our friends Stephanie and Jeff in the Upper Valley liberty group .... they do medical research at Dartmouth.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 08:15:18 pm »

Right. What's better for a a teen and two seniors than being in the walkable beauty of Portsmouth? =D

In the summer, 5,000, perhaps more seniors come to Portsmouth, mostly to the condo's they have for the summer.  During the day the streets, unique shops, coffee shops, parks, and restaurants, are full of seniors, when night comes it is rocking with young folks.  Nowhere else in NH can offer that! :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!
Pages: [1]   Go Up