Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking about teaching homeschool students  (Read 9189 times)

logicallypositive

Thinking about teaching homeschool students
« on: July 04, 2011, 11:14:50 pm »

Hey everyone, I'm a new guy here. Names Justin, if you were at Porc Fest I probably met you at some point. Anyways I am soon to graduate college with a BA degree in Pure Mathematics and a minor in Philosophy. I was thinking about things I could do for work, and one of my ideas was to teach home school students who are interested in mathematics and philosophy. So I was wondering about getting jobs tutoring or something along those lines. Is there some where I can go to teach this as a job or something along those lines? I don't have an education degree so I don't think I could teach in a public school but I have issues with the way mathematics is taught there. I feel like if I were able to teach a student who is naturally interested in mathematics, I could get them to really enjoy and take a good interest in the topic, as opposed to trying to teach them how to pass a standardized test. Anyways yeah any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
Re: Thinking about teaching homeschool students
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 04:00:09 pm »

Welcome!  :)

I don't have any inside info, but you might check out the Informal University and New Hampshire Homeschooling Coalition.

It's also worth noting that you can teach in a private school in NH without being a certified teacher. Might be something to consider, depending on your situation.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603
Pages: [1]   Go Up