Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porcfest 2012 Ideas, Opinions, Thoughts, Suggestions  (Read 15123 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Porcfest 2012 Ideas, Opinions, Thoughts, Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 05:21:11 am »

What are your compliments, concerns, ideas, etc.?
Well, it was a pretty great time; as I mentioned, my major impediment to enjoying it was the rain, obviously not in anyone's control. I know the basic stance on suggestions for porcfest is to "be the change you wish to see", but someone mentioned the idea of an "Agorist Urinal" (lol), since the campground bathrooms are a bit clustered together toward the top of the hills. For drunk people coming back from the pavilion or wherever late at night who don't feel like trekking up yonder, it might be pretty convenient. Maybe do a dollar per leak or something, depending how much it might cost to rent a set of port-a-potties? Haven't really looked into this yet, just a thought though.   

Uh oh... no one told you about the set of 5-6 port o potties down behind the pavilion did they?

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 09:54:54 am »

Uh oh... no one told you about the set of 5-6 port o potties down behind the pavilion did they?

What a great place for people to find them.

ny2nh

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 10:27:45 am »

There were the porta-johns outside the pavillion, there are bathrooms in the pavillion, there are bathrooms in the main building (next to office) and there are two bathroom buildings in the campsite areas. Not sure just how many more would have been needed....

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 10:59:07 am »

There were 5 porta-potties delivered to Roger's on Monday.

3 by the field tent. 1 behind the red cabin (it was supposed to be next to the red bathroom....), 1 next to some campsites (supposed to be by the other red bathroom, supposedly moved there by the affected campers).

They didnt get too much use, so I dont think we needed more of them. The 3 by the field tent certainly came in handy for Buzz's party.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

robin.freiheit

• anarchy burger, hold the government
    • Because we want to be... FREE!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 01:22:12 pm »

i dont think the one by the red cabin got any use, what a waste back there, no one could really even see it.... when we were packing up to leave the girl that working for the company taking them away mentioned she knew it couldn't be full being back there
renegade0ffunk.tumblr.com

ny2nh

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 02:52:11 pm »

i dont think the one by the red cabin got any use, what a waste back there, no one could really even see it.... when we were packing up to leave the girl that working for the company taking them away mentioned she knew it couldn't be full being back there

I used it at least once!!  But I agree - no one really knew it was there....or if was for public use I would think. :)

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 06:42:28 pm »

Curtis you may be an annoying dude sometimes, but you and the other organizers did such a good job with PorcFest this year it was almost too good... the lack of problems made the management of the thing almost seem invisible, so I never thought about how well it was done. 
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 06:44:30 pm »

One thing that might be useful next year is to distribute and keep distributing our own cleaning materials to the restrooms. 
For instance there was one broom in one of the shower houses for the first couple days, which folks were using to clean them.  When it disappeared, the sweeping stopped.   
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 12:43:23 pm »

Curtis you may be an annoying dude sometimes, but you and the other organizers did such a good job with PorcFest this year it was almost too good... the lack of problems made the management of the thing almost seem invisible, so I never thought about how well it was done. 

Thanks Dave! Hearing from folks who say everything went so well they didnt even consider the behind the scenes activity (which, trust me, there was PLENTY of), is a supreme compliment!

PS have I annoyed you? I recall back during OLFOD, at one of the Rye houses, imitating your Free Keene dot com commercial in your videos. You were near by, and perhaps took offense (I always heard it as Freaking Dot Com), but no offense was intended. I was simply re-enacting my favorite Ridley commercial.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

saint.of.the.pyre

• Stateless Governance
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:56 am »

what about inviting the guy from the FPS Russia youtube videos?  maybe he can bring some of his toys to the shooting range.
http://fpsrussia.com/
 *Link Removed*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything