Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seacoast town tours during Porcfest?  (Read 3799 times)

feedmeliberty

Seacoast town tours during Porcfest?
« on: June 16, 2011, 03:56:48 pm »

I heard there will be tours of different towns during Porcfest. Is that right? Details? I am coming up Monday, late, and would be interested in getting a tour of the towns around the Seacoast....

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
Re: Seacoast town tours during Porcfest?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 09:36:44 pm »

I don't know of any planned tours. We can probably set you up with some locals to show you around for a few hours.
If you are on Facebook, join the PF2011 fan page and post your request for info there. That's the hub for info this year.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

ny2nh

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 09:16:21 am »

It's unfortunate that the tours don't happen anymore....so many people like to see more of the state when they are here.

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 03:31:34 am »

The Jan 2011 edition of the FSP News included this info:

Show up a week early and take advantage of the new Free State Tours! From Sunday to Saturday (6/12-6/18) we'll take you to the various freedom communities and introduce you to the wild liberty activist in his/her natural environment! Scope out possible locations to move to! Participate in Live Free or Die activist opportunities!
Meet the early movers at the many weekly social events!
Interested? Email Tours@FreeStateProject.org

Did the Tours happen?  Not that I know of.
Did someone formally cancel the Tours?  I don't know.  I didn't hear or read anything about that but I'm not really paying attention to most of the Porcfest news.  Maybe info about this was posted on the Porcfest.com forum or somewhere else.  There is a Porcfest newsletter but it is possible that the tours were canceled and it wasn't even mentioned in that newsletter.

I'm sorry for any confusion that may have happened.  Enjoy your time in NH and remember that the vast majority of us in the FSP are volunteers.  Some of us have volunteered 100s of hours, others have volunteered $1000s of our savings and some of us have volunteered both.  We try to do the best we can but we are human :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:10:33 am by LoveAndPeace »

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 08:43:31 am »

'Official' tours were unceremoniously canceled due to lack of interest.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

ptb

• Voluntarist Freethinker
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:16:37 am »

Actually, the tour of Grafton on Sunday afternoon will still happen (not the seacoast, though).  Individual initiative FTW!

Those interested can find me at Porcfest starting Wednesday in motel #7.

- Peter

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:28:48 am »

Go to porcfest with a car, get a bunch of people together, and drive folks back to Portsmouth, Hampton, Seabrook Beach, etc. for the day.

Organize spontaneously.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1]   Go Up