Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reason why no one has posted in this sub-forum in a while?  (Read 24639 times)

AgoristTeen2

Just like the title of the topic says, is there any particular reason why there's no new topic for this sub-forum in the last couple months? I mean COME ON!!!! We need to get the people who, like me, are under 21, especially those who are under 18 energized by this sort of thing!

Dionysus

• New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
Re: Reason why no one has posted in this sub-forum in a while?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:44:06 pm »

I agree, one would think the FSP would be a hot issue with young people today. It is after all, their futures that are being sold down the river by the monkey collective in Washington. I would think the young people would have something more to say about that.
"Emergencies” have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have eroded.

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:00:47 pm »

If I had to guess, it's because most of them are sheeple. After all they can't vote so why should they care? Or at least that's the mentality of most of the under-18 crowd. I do know a few exceptions...like one girl, who I care a lot about, more than pretty much anyone except my grandma, but continuing one, I know one girl who is politically aware, though she is a Republican, though she would be more in line with the "Old Right" of the New Deal era the Rothbard was a part of...she likes Ron Paul a lot, and while she does think government is necessary, and might desire a slightly bigger gov't then Ron Paul, infinitely better than the likes of Obama, Bush, McCain, Romney, and the Congressman for the congressional district where we live... Rep. Fred Upton. And of course there's a mutual friend of me and her who is a libertarian minarchist. And I have another two friends who are politically aware, one of whom is a libertarian minarchist, and the other is an agorist like me. Still that's 5 kids out of about 10,000 in my county....that's just sad. But anyway if I had to guess I'd say that since the under-18 crowd can't vote most of them don't care. Plus there's the idea among a lot of teens I know that politics is for "like those stupid old farts, who don't care about important things like sports, and cars, and guys/girls" It is more than enough to have me filled with contempt for my fellow teenagers...then again I am filled with contempt toward humanity in general, but especially teenagers in America. But we do have to consider that part of the apathy of American youth stems from the fact politics isn't overly accessible to them. I mean sure some people, in some areas love the young people getting involved. But the thing is that, a lot of people in a lot of areas mock the youth of America, and disregard their opinions as "complaining from whiny, lazy, good-for-nothing, idiots who don't know anything and care more about getting high and getting laid then politics" But mostly it's the fault of the teenagers and how they were raised.

Dionysus

• New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:30:40 am »

I would point out that the situation you describe is not all that different in people over 21.
"Emergencies” have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have eroded.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:03:33 pm »

I agree, one would think the FSP would be a hot issue with young people today. It is after all, their futures that are being sold down the river by the monkey collective in Washington. I would think the young people would have something more to say about that.

You're not supposed to post here if you're over 21!  Oh crap!  I'm not supposed to post here!

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 03:53:22 pm »

You're not supposed to post here if you're over 21!  Oh crap!  I'm not supposed to post here!

Well don't worry I won't tell anyone. Especially since I probably wouldn't have gotten an answer otherwise.

I would point out that the situation you describe is not all that different in people over 21.

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if the disease of being one of the sheeple is more severe in the under-21 population...of course I'm biased against that crowd since I'm under-21 and disgusted with what I see from my peers for the most part. :P

MS Libertarian

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 08:16:48 pm »

Im 16 and this is my first post, but i would have to say that we could gather a lot more support from young people if we focused on their issues when around them.  While we "philosophers" love to talk about how government has no right to tell us what we can or can not put in our bodies, the average kid is probably just worried about pot and could care less about the other stuff.  We got to reel them in with pot, then show them the other social issues and some economic freedoms that must be protected.  Most people my age don't care about the federal reserve's tyranny, and the kids where i live (Mississippi) are usually hostile towards gay rights, so we must come to them... then lure them to the van with the pot candy.
Only Jedis should use the force!

The Second Amendment is my gun permit.

yoshimura

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 07:15:41 pm »

so we must come to them... then lure them to the van with the pot candy.

I loled  :D

MS Libertarian

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:46 pm »

so we must come to them... then lure them to the van with the pot candy.

I loled  :D

I hoped someone would. lol
Only Jedis should use the force!

The Second Amendment is my gun permit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything