Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I put my last name on my nametag?  (Read 12996 times)

ethicalcrackpot

Should I put my last name on my nametag?
« on: May 06, 2011, 11:46:25 pm »

Do people often put it on there?

I wouldn't even consider it except I happen to share a last name with a pro-liberty political philosopher, Lord Acton.
My name is Patrick Michael Acton which is an anagram for "I'm an ethical crackpot." Greatest accidentally awesome gift  my parents could ever give me.

Alex Libman

Re: Should I put my last name on my nametag?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 03:53:12 am »

I'm a big fan of people using their real names.

Perhaps because my real last name (of Yiddish roots) is accidentally a contraction for Libertarian Man!  Kinda like Batman or Superman, except I fight evil-doers without ever leaving my bat-cave.  And I usually wear my underwear under my pants.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 08:03:03 am »

if you want people to remember your last name

you can go with all three names if you want to be a lone gunman

you didn't get trained by the military did you?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

ethicalcrackpot

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 08:29:42 am »

Ha, nope

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 10:01:07 am »

I was gonna have them put Mother F@*Ker on mine,
but I am trying not to get mud on the bus.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 08:30:56 am »

if you want people to remember your last name

you can go with all three names if you want to be a lone gunman

You could always legally change your name to: Lone Gun Man. That would clear up any doubt about your intent and actions.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 04:52:51 pm »

nametag?

:)
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

Jingfired

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 08:34:21 pm »

nametag?

At PorcFest, your registration packet will include a fill-in-your-own nametag, so the other thousand folks there can address you more specifically than "Hello, friend!"

Should I put X on my nametag?

It's a tradeoff.  You can squeeze a lot of information onto a "standard" nametag, but that means the other guy can't read it without invading your personal space.  (unless he whips out a pair of binocs and aims them at your chest; reactions and counter-reactions will vary by sex, preference, and state of mind)  ;D

* If you want your name to be easily readable from more than arm's length away, keep it short and print it big.
* If you need to express your individuality, think of it as a tiny canvas and go crazy.
* If someone judges you sufficiently interesting, she can always ask for more details after the initial exchange.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 02:08:04 pm »

My name tag says:

Pat K

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 04:19:13 pm »

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 06:14:25 pm »

My name tag says:

Pat K

O-K but if ya get shot or some thing, it's on you.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 07:05:33 pm »

My name tag says:

Pat K

More important, if someone thought Dreepa wa a cool guy and he missed out on free beer because he wore the wrong name. That would be sad =0(
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

Alex Libman

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 08:21:01 pm »

OMG!  OMG!  Death threat!  Quick, everybody panic!   ::)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 06:30:09 am »

My name tag says:

Pat K

More important, if someone thought Dreepa wa a cool guy and he missed out on free beer because he wore the wrong name. That would be sad =0(

That would be sad indeed.... but many know that Pat K  (the original) carries rolls a cooler of beer around with him.... so never far from a cold one.

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 06:36:24 am »

nametag?

At PorcFest, your registration packet will include a fill-in-your-own nametag, so the other thousand folks there can address you more specifically than "Hello, friend!"

Should I put X on my nametag?

It's a tradeoff.  You can squeeze a lot of information onto a "standard" nametag, but that means the other guy can't read it without invading your personal space.  (unless he whips out a pair of binocs and aims them at your chest; reactions and counter-reactions will vary by sex, preference, and state of mind)  ;D

* If you want your name to be easily readable from more than arm's length away, keep it short and print it big.
* If you need to express your individuality, think of it as a tiny canvas and go crazy.
* If someone judges you sufficiently interesting, she can always ask for more details after the initial exchange.

I've been to PF - I just never wear the nametag.  Meh - that's just me.
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up