Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Australia - New Hampshire  (Read 9385 times)

Free rider

• FSP Participant
Australia - New Hampshire
« on: May 06, 2011, 02:11:38 pm »

Greetings fellow Freedom lovers.
I currently live in Melbourne Australia I am planing to visit NH to check it out before committing to immigration.
I have done some preliminary investigation into my options and here's what I have found so far.

Visiting

Visa Waiver Program.
http://canberra.usembassy.gov/visa_waiver_prog.html
This program allows Citizens of Australia and some other countries a 90 day tourist visit. No Visa required.
Fantastic as long as you have been a good boy/girl and have no criminal record.
I will be using this option for my reconnaissance mission this year.... Shweeet.

If you have a criminal record or want to work or study you need to go through the standard Visa application BS.
http://canberra.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visas.html

Immigration.
http://canberra.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas.html
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Diversity Lottery program.
If your not in a hurry and feeling lucky try this. 50,000 winners each year.
You sign up, wait, and cross your fingers.

Family/Relative.
My friends have suggested I find a girl, get her drunk and take her to Vegas.  Yeah right.

Work.
This is my preferred option.
Being confident in my qualifications and skills I hope find an employer that will be willing to sponsor me for a green card.

I will update as my plans progress.

The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it.
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Polemic

Re: Australia - New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 12:03:28 am »

Good luck. What kind of work do you do?
"Optimists proclaim that we live in the best of all possible worlds; pessimists fear that this is true."

Free rider

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:42:50 am »

I have Electronics qualifications equivalent to a Diploma.

I have 15years as a field service Technician on equipment including Poker machines, ATM's Point of sale equipment, Electronic safes, coin and note dispensers.
Through experience and short causes I have developed my career to training and leadership roles.
In the last 5 years I have work primarily in a HR recruitment and Project management role.
I have taken on projects including set up, recruitment and manage a warehouse of 15-20 people where we assembled and configured ticketing machines for a rail project.
I have set up and hired technical staff for 2 new successfull interstate offices for a rapidly expanding Australian maintenance company.
These offices comprised of small fleet of vehicles for Field techs, warehouse and logistics for parts and equipment. workshop and engineers for board level repairs.
I can provide excellent references.

I also have developed building/carpentry skills since I was a child having worked as an unqualified carpenter on an Alpine resort hotel and many domestic house project's one of which I was involved in from stumps to lock up.
I am also owner-building my own house.

I have also worked in Hospital in a number of roles including, Emergency Dpt. Nursing attendant, Ward Orderly, sterilisation and Theater Technician.

$)

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 02:38:52 pm »

If you are even thinking about moving to the US, I highly recommend signing up for the lottery ASAP.  It is by far the least time consuming and least expensive way to permanently move to the US that I know of.  Don't worry, it may be 10 years or so before you are selected and you can always decide not to move.

Free rider

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 03:28:20 pm »

If you are even thinking about moving to the US, I highly recommend signing up for the lottery ASAP.  It is by far the least time consuming and least expensive way to permanently move to the US that I know of.  Don't worry, it may be 10 years or so before you are selected and you can always decide not to move.

Roger that L&P.

My enquiries lead me to this message.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html
"The entry registration period for DV-2012 is now closed. The online registration for DV-2012 began October 5, 2010 and ended November 3, 2010. "

I am assuming I will be able to apply for 2013 draw in October this year.

$)

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 05:37:08 am »

Diversity Lottery program.

Based on current numbers there is about a 2% chance of getting in via DV (2010 was 1.76% for Oceania).

Work.

Because of how quickly the H1's run out (2011 was gone in 3 days) you need to have something organized before April 1st in order for your employer to get in the H1 application so you have about a year to find something. As an indication for 2011 there were 2105 (out of 65000) H1's for EE related positions.

anything