Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: England to New Hampshire  (Read 8757 times)

EnglishPatriot

England to New Hampshire
« on: April 22, 2011, 04:16:00 am »

Dear all fellow liberty lovers,

First off, I'd like to sincerely thank those who founded this movement as well as those paramount to its development.

I am an Englishman living in the North of England. I became disenchanted many years ago with my country and those steering it, especially since the spirit of freedom is not a tradition here. It can be lonely being aware of the inalienable rights your Founding Fathers spoke and wrote of.

My homeland is a great example of how democracy is abused. I want my right as a sentient human-being to defend myself, my family and my property, but self-defence is not a valid reason for carrying a blade over 3 inches in public, let alone for defending something so sacred as one's own life. I want my right to openly express myself, regardless of how it may offend others, but we have no constitution, no amendments; no safeguards against the state. I'm sure you're all aware of the spreading of Eurocentricism -- something Hitler could only ever dream of. Now it seems bureaucrats and commissars in suits can do the very same, 'legitimately'.

My girlfriend and I have plans to leave this sinking ship and the only alternatives seem to be Switzerland, libertarian states in America (the few left, that is) and possibly Scandinavia. Do you have many international members? Many Englishmen? Are there criteria to entry?

This monarchical state is no place for English Republicans.

I like to consider myself a separatist/pilgrim of the 21st century and my dream would be to live freely somewhere such as NH.

P.S. I'd like to add that we are both soon-to-be professionals. Myself with an undergraduate cert. in BA Business and Financial Management and BSc in Computer Science and my partner BA Art Illustration. Would these degrees help?

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings :)

God bless the Republic and all those who defend it!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:28:26 am by EnglishPatriot »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: England to New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 04:23:16 am »

hello and welcome!

There are 79 people from the UK that are signed up as part of the FSP:
http://freestateproject.org/about/charts/country

You and your girlfriend can certainly sign up.
(however it may be hard to get visas and all that nonsense)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 04:49:09 am »

Welcome, EP + gf.  Hope to see you here, soon.

Give me a shout if you need a place to crash, eh.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

BigJoe

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:19:07 am »

I don't pretend to much about what it takes to live over here, but maybe you could look into getting a student Visa?   Southern New Hampshire University has a global MBA program:  http://www.snhu.edu/1537.asp

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 08:52:00 pm »

I guess a long time ago England was more free than much of the world .... sad that people have grown accustomed to so many taxes and regulations.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

feedmeliberty

Re: Re: England to New Hampshire
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 10:35:21 am »

Sovereign man has a program in Chile where they are setting up a (almost) shell company to sponsor work visas for outsiders seeking residency. I wonder if a similar program could be replicated in the fsp to help foreigners come to nh. Pm me if you seek details on the sovereign man program.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up