Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Procfest lodging other than Roger's ?  (Read 3527 times)

zeroDNT

Procfest lodging other than Roger's ?
« on: April 13, 2011, 02:18:53 pm »

So I am wicked excited to be able to plan for the Porcfest this year. However, even 3 months before most of the sites and all the cabins and motels at Rogers are taken up. Has anyone found lodging anywhere else? Is there another location where the over flow might go to so when we go to and back from Rogers there may be a group?

I'm worried that all the goin's on will be at Rogers and I don't wanna miss out on this opportunity to hang out with the crew.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Re: Procfest lodging other than Roger's ?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 02:30:48 pm »

http://porcfest.com/lodging

You likely are not aware of this, but if you are an FSP participant, you already have an account on PorcFest.com
Just try logging in with your FSP username and password and voila!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

ny2nh

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:40:10 pm »

Are all the RV sites gone now, too?

Unless you have actually spoken with someone at Roger's, I would not presume that all sites are gone. I know someone who just booked a double site with water and electric within the past week.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:06:14 pm »

X'd out/gray sites are unavailable. Normal/circled sites are (or were recently) available.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Voodan

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 01:04:50 pm »

If camping isn't your thing for $10 more you can stay at the Cabot Inn and suites. It's less than half a mile (easy walking/biking distance) from Roger's. I think to park a car you'll need a $5 day pass per day, not sure how that'll work.

Just to relate a bad experience with our last PF accommodations, we had stayed at the motel for 6 nights. It was just so-so. The problem we experienced was from a faulty smoke detector. The first night it had went off 3 times, waking us. Each time I franticly waved it with a pillow. The second night, more of the same, until I disabled it. Then I went to management, the owner's son, to complain to have it fixed.

He was not helpful, rather rude and unconcerning. " Well, what do you want ME to do about it?" I paused to collect myself, knowing this wasn't a hospitable response. But benefit of the doubt I stated I would like it fixed as to not disturb us again or prevent a safety issue. In addition I suggested some sort of compensation. Yet he replied, "yeah, your people kept us (staff) up all night with the noise." I stated I was not a party of that group and to not hold me responsible, as I was their guest.  Ok, I left the ball in his court to fix it, which it was that night.

So, no I won't be giving my money to Rogers this year, too bad. It's a nice venue, the best in NH for PF, but they can't handle being full.

ny2nh

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 01:16:27 pm »

Tent site 11 is gone.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 03:38:02 pm »

Tent site 11 is gone.

The map above is a week old, and generally such a map encourages those who do not yet have a site, to hurry up and reserve one.
Yes, I expect it to have out of date data by now. The one thing you can be sure of, however, is those sites listed as unavailable are still unavailable ;)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 03:38:44 pm »

If camping isn't your thing for $10 more you can stay at the Cabot Inn and suites. It's less than half a mile (easy walking/biking distance) from Roger's. I think to park a car you'll need a $5 day pass per day, not sure how that'll work.

Just to relate a bad experience with our last PF accommodations, we had stayed at the motel for 6 nights. It was just so-so. The problem we experienced was from a faulty smoke detector. The first night it had went off 3 times, waking us. Each time I franticly waved it with a pillow. The second night, more of the same, until I disabled it. Then I went to management, the owner's son, to complain to have it fixed.

He was not helpful, rather rude and unconcerning. " Well, what do you want ME to do about it?" I paused to collect myself, knowing this wasn't a hospitable response. But benefit of the doubt I stated I would like it fixed as to not disturb us again or prevent a safety issue. In addition I suggested some sort of compensation. Yet he replied, "yeah, your people kept us (staff) up all night with the noise." I stated I was not a party of that group and to not hold me responsible, as I was their guest.  Ok, I left the ball in his court to fix it, which it was that night.

So, no I won't be giving my money to Rogers this year, too bad. It's a nice venue, the best in NH for PF, but they can't handle being full.

Sorry you had that experience. I agree that they can get frazzled when we're there (wtf will they do when PorcFest grows to 2k+ people?)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything