Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Food For Thought  (Read 5368 times)

MouseBorg

Food For Thought
« on: August 14, 2002, 03:30:48 pm »

_
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 10:20:23 am by MouseBorg »
The penetrating brilliance of swords
Wielded by followers of the Way
Strikes at the evil enemy
Lurking deep within
Their own souls and bodies.

-- O' Sensei (Morihei Ueshiba)

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
Re:Food For Thought
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 03:42:13 pm »

Concentration camps in the USA.

I'm hoping this project isn't too late.
Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

foadi

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 03:45:08 pm »

Dammit.  Now I am going to be all paranoid for the rest of the day...
The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed.

EJ

• Democracy is 2 wolves & a sheep deciding dinner
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 04:52:04 pm »

Ashcroft thinks that he was sworn in to redefine the constitution....
The guy really scares me.

EJ

Mega Joule

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 03:21:45 am »

Concentration camps in the USA.

Recruit, recruit, recruit.

Meg
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)

Mega Joule

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2002, 03:51:09 am »

Reaper says:

You speak for us all Reaper.  Time is of the essence.  I have waited my whole life for the opportunity to work is some real way toward a return to freedom of the type the FF's envisioned.  That time is now and we must work harder than ever.  Do not doubt that we will face extreme opposition at some point along this perilous journey to freedom.  Just read a little history.  Whenever oppressed people have risen up and demanded their freedom, bloodshed has followed.  Though we wish to work within the system I am not sure we can accomplish much as they seem to change the rules faster and faster all the time.

Mouseborg says:
Same here. The projected time scale, compared to the near geometric progression of our current police state, does give me serious concern.

What we plan is perfectly legal at the moment, but that may not be the case tomorrow... or even five minutes from now.

For a right, now example, just look at my home state, CA.  One day a legally owned rifle is A-okay and the next day it is an evil assault rifle and you are an evil owner of military style weapons.  In CA, ones "rights" are an example of now-ya-see-um-now-ya-don't.

One problem we must all be aware of is that not only can they change the rules at a moments notice, but also they have in the past changed the rules retroactively so that what one did legally became illegal after the fact and the person was convicted.  The "logic" behind this being, "well it should have been illegal."  How do you fight that?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

He said it best.

Meg

me in return.
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)

Mega Joule

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2002, 05:18:24 am »

author=Mega Joule
For a right, now example, just look at my home state, CA.  One day a legally owned rifle is A-okay and the next day it is an evil assault rifle and you are an evil owner of military style weapons.  In CA, ones "rights" are an example of now-ya-see-um-now-ya-don't.

Yes I know... that is a major reason we (CatBorg & myself) moved out of CA. Yeah, we both tend to vote with our feet... so follow through to whichever state is chosen is not an issue, as we have already moved for similar reason.

I wish my partner and I had as much flexibility right now.  We will, just not quite yet.  So, <Mega Joule asks completely off topic>  why doesn’t CatBorg ever post to the board?  

Meg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything