Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH was rated the worst in the U.S. for bullies.  (Read 8874 times)

FreeMan1

NH was rated the worst in the U.S. for bullies.
« on: March 27, 2011, 05:45:40 pm »

This is unfortunate news.  If you go to this link and search for New Hampshire, you'll see it was ranked dead last by some surveys. 

http://www.bullypolice.org/

Maybe New Hampshirites have higher standards. Please don't flame me for the bad news.  I'm skeptical laws against bullying would make it go away.  Does anyone have a non-governmental suggestion to deal with bullying.

Mdj

• Mark Douglas Jacobsen
Re: NH was rated the worst in the U.S. for bullies.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 06:04:17 pm »

At the top, for NH it says:
"Is working to DOWNGRADE their A++ law
UNBELIEVABLE!"

It is rated at A++

I have a governmental suggestion to deal with bullying, just use 120 cruise missiles like Obama did to Gaddafi. Bully the bully I guess.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:28:51 pm »

not like I care.

the term bully is all the rage now.

how can one define how much bullying is going on?  really.

Andvari

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »

not like I care.

+1

this whole bullying craze is out of control, and bullying laws make about as much sense as 'hate crimes'.

Getting rid of the  public education mandate will do much more to prevent bullying then any silly law they come up with.

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:40:52 pm »

This is unfortunate news.  If you go to this link and search for New Hampshire, you'll see it was ranked dead last by some surveys. 

I was unable to find any information like that.  Could you provide a link and or a quote to what you are talking about please?

FreeMan1

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:50:42 pm »

"The five worst States for bullying, according to Surveys, are: (46) Connecticut, (47) Maine, (48) Washington, (49) Montana & (50) New Hampshire."  taken from the home page: http://www.bullypolice.org/

There are people who are forgiving and call other people "cynical" who don't seem to have much experience with bullies.  I hope FSPers are largely not bullies and will have effective ways of monitoring/controlling bullying in our new home. Again, the reason could be that other states have people who are more complacent than New Hampshirites and choose to not complain about bullies.

freedomroad

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 01:04:26 am »

Thank you, searched your text and found the link, http://www.bullypolice.org/survey_stats.html
That link says that between 5/11/2000 and 12/31/03 there were 7 surveys (complaints) of bullying in NH.  Unless there is some way to find if the information is more meaningful, it is completely worthless.  There were likely 1000s of instants of bullying in all of the states during that time period.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 04:14:33 am »

not like I care.

+1

this whole bullying craze is out of control, and bullying laws make about as much sense as 'hate crimes'.

Getting rid of the  public education mandate will do much more to prevent bullying then any silly law they come up with.
There is no public education mandate. Nor is 'bullying' the result of public education.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything