Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for Speakers at PorcFest 2011  (Read 20163 times)

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
Suggestions for Speakers at PorcFest 2011
« on: January 14, 2011, 04:21:20 pm »

It would be nice to include some speakers who can talk about the political action that has been wildly successful in NH.
I would suggest contacting one or more of:
 Don Gorman captdon111(at)gmail.com (highly suggested, dynamic speaker)
 Steve Vaillancourt Steve.Vaillancourt(at)leg.state.nh.us  (not an FSPer but an entertaining speaker)
 Jenn Coffey jenn.coffey(at)leg.state.nh.us (FSPer in House leadership)
 Mark Warden mark.warden(at)leg.state.nh.us (FSPer, beat even long-time incumbents in his election)

swamp_yankee

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 04:48:17 am »

Disappointed.

I thought that second speaker was Bail Marceaux for a minute. I was looking forward to hearing about slavery at traffic stops, and gold fringe flags.  ;D

I'm joking, but he probably would love the FSP. I wonder what he would do for ticket sales.

Hello, I'm Basil Marceaux.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvaeHllwtw

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:23:56 pm »

It would be nice to include some speakers who can talk about the political action that has been wildly successful in NH.
I would suggest contacting one or more of:
 Don Gorman captdon111(at)gmail.com (highly suggested, dynamic speaker)
 Steve Vaillancourt Steve.Vaillancourt(at)leg.state.nh.us  (not an FSPer but an entertaining speaker)
 Jenn Coffey jenn.coffey(at)leg.state.nh.us (FSPer in House leadership)
 Mark Warden mark.warden(at)leg.state.nh.us (FSPer, beat even long-time incumbents in his election)

I think this idea has merit. Thanks for the suggestions.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

pattylee loves dogs

Re: Suggestions for Speakers at PorcFest 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 03:52:16 pm »

I may be paranoid but I think the Porcfest has been infiltrated in order to suppress voting. More guliable libertarians are discouraged to participate in "political" activity by not inviting our FSP liberty elected canditates; also by not allowing political actions in Agorist Alley. FSP originally about a "political" movement in alliance with agorists, I thought.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 05:38:58 pm by pattylee loves dogs »

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:38:52 pm »

I may be paranoid but I think the Porcfest has been infiltrated in order to suppress voting.

Infiltrated by whom?

More guliable libertarians are discouraged to participate in "political" activity by not inviting our FSP liberty elected canditates;

How do you know? I'm doing the inviting, and I dont recall cc'ing you anything. Why would I? Is this your 'evidence'?
The truth is there has long been a panel planned made up of Elected FSPers. There is also an event scheduled for the NHLA (who are sponsoring PorcFest).

also by not allowing political actions in Agorist Alley.

Property rights, deal with them. I'm also not allowing non-vendors, RVs, and Alex Jones.

FSP originally about a "political" movement in alliance with agorists, I thought.

lol, ask Jack Shimek about the FSP's early 'alliance' with agorists.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 07:28:47 pm »

No Alex Jones?

Now you have crossed the line.

pattylee loves dogs

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 09:18:18 pm »

Good I am glad to have FSP candidates at Porcfest, I stand corrected on this point.
Have noticed that some of us not fitting the Agorist model not getting encouragement. Noticed that people are getting shunned :-X.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 03:53:23 pm »

Good I am glad to have FSP candidates at Porcfest, I stand corrected on this point.
Have noticed that some of us not fitting the Agorist model not getting encouragement. Noticed that people are getting shunned :-X.

How have you noticed people other than yourself not receiving encouragement?
Are you privy to all of the inter-personal communications of someone other than yourself?
Do you imagine I am required to dole out 'atta-boys' to everyone who comes up with a 'great' idea?

How have you noticed people other than yourself being shunned?
WHO specifically do you imagine I am shunning?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:00:02 am by Sovereign Curtis »

pattylee loves dogs

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 02:45:51 am »

Shunned people brought to my attention:

Last year the guy with bumper stickers "do not come back" vending at AA because bumper stickers were political in content?  
Suspect that Jordan Page was because of his tribute to Ron Paul in his song at Porcfest 2010 not encouraged this year.
Oh yeah, Renee Huglet, Fred Nomasters should tell their story.

I personally would not feel that Porcfest was excluding political activity if it did not seem like I was given your discouragement on my FB about "no market demand" talk from you on my FB page; and having other posts taken down here.

Porcfest has "no vote" Stephan Molyneau as keynote speaker.  

Otherwise awesome organizational job  of an "agorist" event.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:39:42 am by pattylee loves dogs »

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 03:27:22 pm »

Last year the guy with bumper stickers "do not come back" vending at AA because bumper stickers were political in content?  
Suspect that Jordan Page was because of his tribute to Ron Paul in his song at Porcfest 2010 not encouraged this year.
Oh yeah, Renee Huglet, Fred Nomasters should tell their story.

I personally would not feel that Porcfest was excluding political activity if it did not seem like I was given your discouragement on my FB about "no market demand" talk from you on my FB page; and having other posts taken down here.

Porcfest has "no vote" Stephan Molyneau as keynote speaker.  

Otherwise awesome organizational job  of an "agorist" event.

Patty, I asked a simple question about market demand and you accused me of leading an inquisition...
Furthermore how does our interaction regarding 'Free U' have anything to do with allowing political content at PorcFest?
I thought Free U was educational?

I dont know anything about a guy selling bumper stickers being told he could not come back.
Political/liberty related bumper stickers are certainly an appropriate product for Agora Valley.

Jordan Page is not being shunned. He is simply not being paid to attend PorcFest.
I'm not paying you to attend PorcFest, does that mean I'm shunning you?
If you want Jordan Page to be there you are welcome to pay him yourself.

Rene accused FSPers of being cult members. That includes you, Patty.
She has blocked me on facebook, I have not decided to ostracize her.
Fred/Scott is not blocked, and is welcome at PorcFest.
I hear hes setting up his own music stage. I think thats terrific.

BigJoe

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52:07 pm »

don't know if its too late for suggestions but I would like to throw Jacob Huebert's name into the hat.  Author of Libertarianism Today, an excellent book covering many current issues in the movement on both an intro level and a step beyond,(it also mentions the FSP).  He is an adjunct scholar at LvMI, and in his day job he teaches law.  Earlier this month, he have a talk at a Mises circle event in Chicago titled: Is There Hope for Liberty in Our Lifetime?

http://mises.org/media/6187/Is-There-Hope-for-Liberty-in-Our-Lifetime

Bio:
http://jhhuebert.com/about/

2nd choice would be Edward Stringham    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Stringham

3rd choice: Geoffrey Allan Plauché   http://gaplauche.com/  I don't think he is too famous within the movement, but I did really enjoy his article on The social contract and the Persistence of Anarchy.  http://gaplauche.com/docs/persistentanarchyapsa2006.pdf

ny2nh

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 07:16:34 am »

Patty - I think the guy with the bumper stickers and various Don't Tread on Me stuff - if indeed he is not coming back - would be because last year he was told the only option was in the vendor tent...which he paid to be in....which nearly no one went into. He was not told he could rent a site in agora alley - where people might actually see his wares. :(  I would imagine if he wanted to come back, he could set up his "store" anywhere in the campground.....on whatever site he rents.....

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 12:19:04 pm »

Patty - I think the guy with the bumper stickers and various Don't Tread on Me stuff - if indeed he is not coming back - would be because last year he was told the only option was in the vendor tent...which he paid to be in....which nearly no one went into. He was not told he could rent a site in agora alley - where people might actually see his wares. :(  I would imagine if he wanted to come back, he could set up his "store" anywhere in the campground.....on whatever site he rents.....

The discrepancy between traffic in the official vendor tent and Agora Alley was unfortunate. I never intended to discourage vendors, or make their jobs more difficult, or cut into their profit margin. I only intended to encourage additional vending, in a new and relaxed atmosphere. Last year I had nothing to do with the official vending, I was 'only' in charge of advertising, marketing and promotion. Agora Alley was created to increase the prestige of PorcFest, and encourage more attendees.
It succeeded in that respect.

This year I did away with the subsidized vending area, and encouraged folks to sink or swim on their own merit.
To keep vendors from the vendor tent last year, happy, I emailed them ALL very early on and encouraged them to get on board in Agora Valley...
ONLY Silver Circle responded. No biggie, I still planned to have space for them should they speak up 'late'.

tl;dr Growing pains :D

pattylee loves dogs

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 09:46:23 pm »

SOunds improved, we can get FreeU scheduled in the main event schedule with the rest of activities?

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:22 am »

SOunds improved, we can get FreeU scheduled in the main event schedule with the rest of activities?

You've already asked, Patty, the answer hasnt changed.

I'm not interested in associating with you. I'm not interested in helping you out.
Previous attempts at both have been met with accusations of impropriety, favoritism, and of leading an inquisition...

Best of luck to you, but please dont bother asking me for any more assistance. The answer will not change.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up