Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do we change the NH state constitution so we can abolish public schools?  (Read 20865 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator

Parents don't have a responsibility to their children. The child is 'born free and independent', not chattel.

what?  parents don't have a responsibility to their children?  Are you out of you F*** mind?
Nope.

I guess that proves you are.

John Edward Mercier

• Native

Make your case.

antistate1190

Make your case.

Tell me JEM, do you have any children? Or were you ever in the publik skool sistum? What high skool did you graduate from?

John Edward Mercier

• Native

No children. But I can make a constitutional and legal case.
I went to both private and public school...

antistate1190

No children. But I can make a constitutional and legal case.
I went to both private and public school...

Tell me then, what did you like better? Private or publik?

creaganlios

antistate, I raised 5 children, and used a combination of public, private and home education.

No one approach was best.  Each appropriate was best, for certain of my children, at certain points in their lives, and at certain points in my life.

None of the systems was perfect, or better: just different, and more or less appropriate depending on my our family's life and my children's lives & learning styles, all of which changes from year to year.

John Edward Mercier

• Native

Private a little better than public.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:10:03 am by John Edward Mercier »

antistate1190

Private a little better than public.

So you would support privatizing all gov. schools if given the choice?

John Edward Mercier

• Native

Nope.
As I've stated. I harbor the risk of the uneducated. Not that being educated protects from some undertaking violent criminal activities or voting themselves undue benefits, but I feel that it lessens the chances.

I liked private over public because I am somewhat introverted. I was sent to public school in an attempt to sidestep this flaw.

antistate1190

Nope.
As I've stated. I harbor the risk of the uneducated. Not that being educated protects from some undertaking violent criminal activities or voting themselves undue benefits, but I feel that it lessens the chances.

Skkools in America are known for DUMBING down children. Why do Americans score way lower on tests then kids in China or India when America is richer? Go to UNH or Keene State or Dartmouth and tell me how many students there are international? (esp. Dartmouth) Enough gov. waste has been spent on publik skooling that I think it's time we privatized them and the kids who can't afford private school can get jobs with their parents or homeschool. Thats why I also support getting rid of child labor laws and I think that's something the FSP should take up later on when the movement has more people. American children are way stupid and behave like sheep b/c of schooling.

I also favor private schools b/c no one is forcing me to pay for them. I don't have kids so why should I be force to pay for a failing education system?

John Edward Mercier

• Native

So your suggesting there are no public schools in China or India?

John Edward Mercier

• Native

By the way, your 'forced' to pay for all the ills resultant from an uneducated mass.

FreeMan1

I think this website is helpful for dealing with public schools and educating people: http://www.school-survival.net/forums/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up