Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fakin' it  (Read 7053 times)

LuckyPhil

Fakin' it
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:07:24 am »

I'm in Sydney, Australia, but I can pull a decent "american sounding" accent.
You might think the accent was a little off, but you'd never pick it was an Aussie accent.
If I flew to the USA, destroyed my paperwork, changed my name and "spoke all American like", what would be involved for me to get "legit" so I can do my part for freedom without fear of being detained and deported?
Can anyone suggest why this wouldn't work, aside from my own screwing up?
I could claim to have been born in a cult, never gotten the right "papers please"... or something...
I would also be clever enough to do this in a location this thing might go on and do what's needed with the local authorities before making my move north east I could claim to have broken free, want to open a bank account and get a job, ask them to give me what I have a right to as someone born on "their soil", etc, etc...
I would love nothing more than to move to New Hampshire permanently. I have enough savings for me to get by work free for 6 months and I'm not afraid to work hard and live well within my means.
I am not looking for a holier than thou argument re pros and cons of me going underground, etc. I just want to do a little trickery to be recognized as a resident so I can participate in the FSP and join a wonderful community of activist who I hope to soon call my friends.
Thanks

Otosan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm ready to move, anywhere, anytime!
Re: Fakin' it
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:22:59 pm »

Fly to Mexico, swim across the Rio Grande,  get a latino sounding name, every thing will be handed to you!   Drive licenses, health care, SSI, a job, welfare, house, food stamps, etc.   :P
"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free."
- [Unknown]
Taxes are the extra money we give the government to do  good things! (2nd grade Social Studies book)

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 04:15:26 pm »

Just find someone here that is recently dead on the other coast preferably or from a remote area.  Assume their identity and run with it. (I won't tell)
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 04:16:27 pm »

I know this is crazy talk... but have you considered the boring legal options?
If you have a degree in computer science or a background in health care, there are employers here who will pay for the lawyers and take care of the paperwork for you.
It may even be worthwhile to get a degree in, say, comp sci or nursing where you are, and then come over. Nursing especially -- you can pretty much take your pick of places as a nurse, there's a chronic shortage.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 04:22:17 pm »

I know this is crazy talk... but have you considered the boring legal options?
If you have a degree in computer science or a background in health care, there are employers here who will pay for the lawyers and take care of the paperwork for you.
It may even be worthwhile to get a degree in, say, comp sci or nursing where you are, and then come over. Nursing especially -- you can pretty much take your pick of places as a nurse, there's a chronic shortage.

Pretty much this.

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 08:51:08 pm »

Some people can still live below the radar but it takes a lot of flexibility, sacrifice, hassle factor and creativity.   
Tu ne cede malis.

creaganlios

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 09:31:37 pm »

Fly to Mexico, swim across the Rio Grande,  get a latino sounding name, every thing will be handed to you!   Drive licenses, health care, SSI, a job, welfare, house, food stamps, etc.   :P

...and then he woke up...... ::)

LuckyPhil

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 06:07:29 am »

I was looking for a serious answer, if i was to appear to be a local who never got their papers... what would be involved to get said papers? :)

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 04:35:08 pm »

I was looking for a serious answer, if i was to appear to be a local who never got their papers... what would be involved to get said papers? :)

A birth certificate

anything