Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free State East & Free State West?  (Read 1676 times)

Greg B.

Free State East & Free State West?
« on: July 02, 2003, 03:29:28 pm »

I know this idea is not new and that I’ll probably just get ridiculed for bringing it up, but I can’t help it!

After learning more about New Hampshire, I’m becoming convinced that both Wyoming (my first choice) and New Hampshire are really good candidates for the FSP (I think it goes down hill quickly after that, though).

So, what about making New Hampshire the Free State East and Wyoming the Free State West?

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that attracting 20,000 people is not going to be a problem.  The FSP growth has been exponential.  The more people that sign up, the more credibility we get, then we get more publicity, then more people sign up, etc.  I think once the state (or states?) is chosen, there will be another surge of people signing up due to the certainty of where they will be moving as well as from a lot of media attention.

As a result, maybe we can get 20,000 in two states?  After all, I think the opt-outs are going to be really low if everybody has a choice between New Hampshire and Wyoming.

Go ahead and rip this idea apart…

Greg  

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
Re:Free State East & Free State West?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 03:51:23 pm »

This idea has been brought up several times.  Once it was discussed with significant seriousness right here on this forum.  The answer to your questions can be found by looking back thorough these posts (several months) and finding the several threads about the two-state strategy.  The short answer is this:

NH + anything isn't worth seriously considering

VT or DE + WY are the only real combinations that would work.

The answer is - No. ;-)

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything