Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chance to change the big house SD  (Read 1899 times)

Azurecanine

• He who is silent is said to consent...
    • Freedom Yellow
chance to change the big house SD
« on: July 02, 2003, 03:11:38 pm »

With the help from a certain someone, it was brought to my attention that if, in fact, that SD is chosen we would have a greater chance of changing the current leadership of the Big House (of Reps).  Consider the fact that Senator Daschle is from South Dakota AND is the senate minority leader right now.  What impact could we make in consideration of this little fact???  I am not saying that other states couldn't make an impact, just that they couldn't make it as quickly.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 03:12:45 pm by Azurecanine »
C. Bogue
Get your free listing in Freedom Yellow
http://www.azurecanine.com/FY

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re:chance to change the big house SD
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 03:29:56 pm »

Daschle is vulnerable.  His little protege (Tim Johnson is his name, I think) squeaked by in '02 by 400 votes, in an election marked by suspected vote fraud.  If 20,000 libertarians moved to SD, Daschle and Johnson would both be gone, no question.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Azurecanine

• He who is silent is said to consent...
    • Freedom Yellow
Re:chance to change the big house SD
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 03:40:43 pm »

I will complain though, about the spending and the mudslinging that was allowed during election season.  It was completely awful and dispicable and on at every commercial break.  The problem that I see is that the residents claim that this state is in at the point it is because of Democrats and we have the Democrats to thank for various issues such as the pistol permit (CCL) and tax breaks and such.  I somehow think that too many of the people that voted just voted for the party instead of the person.  There was lots of voter fraud though.  Which makes me wonder if Johnson really won at all.  John Thune was the Republican candidate that was personally endorsed by G. Bush and he still didn't win.  I think that the Democrats have given the farmers more subsidies and made them believe that the gov't was looking out for their best interest even though it is not up to the farmer anymore about what he plants if he has lots of land.  The crop is determined by gov't regulation.
C. Bogue
Get your free listing in Freedom Yellow
http://www.azurecanine.com/FY
Pages: [1]   Go Up