Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marketing Plan  (Read 3369 times)

Jubal

• I'm a llama!
Marketing Plan
« on: August 11, 2002, 09:15:05 am »

Perhaps it's indicative of my short attention span but I can't seem to find a marketing plan here? Is this reserved for committee members  only? Is there one?

marciesmom

• I'm a llama!
Re:Marketing Plan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2002, 12:48:42 pm »

Don't know that there is one.  We've been discussing methods of "passing the word" on the Strategies discussion list, but that's it.  Since the FSP committee isn't taking money for those who sign up, just voluntary donations, the funds for marketing are pretty limited.  They're going to be advertising in some liberty-oriented magazines, but that's the only marketing, per se, that's been mentioned as far as I know.

debra

• FSP Participant
Re:Marketing Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2002, 01:49:45 pm »

Elizabeth would probably be the best person to answer this, but I don't think we *have* a defined marketing plan.  :-\  

We've got a ton of ideas pouring in, and have been trying to straighten them into a cohesive form, but it's a case of much work, few hands.  We've recently gotten a few additions to the publicity committee and we're hoping that helps.

Some of the stuff we're looking at includes

- direct mailings to leaders and supporters of other large libertarian organizations
- more ads in magazines like Reason, Liberty, LP News, etc.
- Talk radio interviews (Jason's done several)
- Link exchange with other liberty-oriented websites
- Online advertising on sites like World Net Daily, Sierra Times, Lew Rockwell, etc
- More support from media personalities (like Walter Williams, Claire Wolfe, etc)

Hope this helps!
"Society has always honored its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
Pages: [1]   Go Up