Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A good place to buy a multi-family? Perhaps with a bit of land in Southern NH?  (Read 2717 times)

AceBruceGary

My girlfriend and I are looking to escape Massachusetts.

I am a firm believer in owning multi-family properties as the ability to create another source of income for the future is especially important to me.

However, the tradeoff is that in general you won't get your nice farm house that is somewhat secluded on a several acre lot.

Would any of you know what the best places for nice multi-family property is? (I am looking for southern NH as both of us have family in MA that we don't want to be far from)

Is there a perfect area where there are multi-family homes with land that are easily rentable?

We looked near Downtown Nashua and encountered quite a few areas that we didn't think were great rental properties.
I have experience with a rental property in Cambridge and most years we have people knocking down the door to rent the place. Is there a place like that in NH?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:54:37 pm by AceBruceGary »

Fishercat

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant

Is there a perfect area where there are multi-family homes with land that are easily rentable?

How multi do you mean?   And how much land is enough to be "a little land?"

In the area around Concord (and I'm sure elsewhere as well), the 2-family houses are very common.  The house is split for the owner to live in one half, and the other half to be rented out.  I'm sure the amount of land associated with these properties varies quite a bit.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!

I live in the Seacoast Region...a realtor...and I believe we have many places that might fit what you are
looking for.
Dave
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

AceBruceGary

How multi do you mean?   And how much land is enough to be "a little land?"

In the area around Concord (and I'm sure elsewhere as well), the 2-family houses are very common.  The house is split for the owner to live in one half, and the other half to be rented out.  I'm sure the amount of land associated with these properties varies quite a bit.

Ideally 2 acres or more. In a perfect scenario 5 or so but I'm not sure if places like that are really easily rented.
Concord is a bit far up. I will probably have to commute into MA for work.

As far as multi-family goes, a 2 family would be fine.

I live in the Seacoast Region...a realtor...and I believe we have many places that might fit what you are
looking for.
Dave

What towns would that include? And renting is good?

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!

looking for.
Dave

What towns would that include? And renting is good?
[/quote]

Rochester, Dover, Portsmouth, Somersworth, Durham, Barrington, Lee, Nottingham, Masury, New Market, Hampton, Rye, Newington, and Seabrook.  I'm sure I missed a few.

Good...Not sure your meaning, but the folks I know who own rental property don't seen to have issues with keeping them filled.
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Ed

finding multi-family LAND (as opposed to already built houses/structures) is more difficult - there's usually not many of those in more developed areas.

Maxxocupancy says that yuo can get a variance in Seabrook just by paying. If that's true that might be an option

I know that in Grafton and Elsworth there's no zoning, so any land can essentially be multi-family. But Grafton is kind of in the middle-of-nowhere (the town itself - but is 40 mins from Dartmouth, Lebanon area), and Elsworth is a 2 hour drive from the middle of nowhere to the damned edges of nowhere.

Ask Marc Warden to do a search on the MLS and email it to you.

crackerjack

AceBruceGary did you find any multifamily houses near the MA border ? I am looking to rent in that area and for the same reason (commute to CT) . If you have found one and need some good people to move in , just send me a line . thank you
                                                                                                                              crackerjack
Pages: [1]   Go Up