Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porcfest calendar printing problems?  (Read 4593 times)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Porcfest calendar printing problems?
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:31:24 pm »

Is anyone else having a problem printing the Porcfest calendar? I click on the print icon, it opens a new window that says Print Preview and has a couple of layout options at the bottom, but otherwise the window is blank. Ideas?

Also, I noticed that two of the 3 events that might compete with my Wed night videos are no longer on the calendar - the karaoke and the talent show. What happened there?

Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Re: Porcfest calendar printing problems?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 05:56:52 pm »

What are you looking at? The online calendar at http://porcfest2010.com/schedule  ?

Its showing both events you say are missing.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

10stateswithnh

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »

I don't know what I did wrong. That is the calendar I am looking at. Now I am not showing any events Wed after 1:30 - the bonfire is now missing also.
There doesn't seem to be anything missing on the other days.

Update - a couple of the missing events showed up when I switched to weekly mode, and then the rest reappeared when I went back to daily mode.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:14:17 pm by 10stateswithnh »
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

10stateswithnh

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:16:58 pm »

The calendar print preview is still blank - I am wondering if I am supposed to have a plugin for Firefox to print this?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 02:22:40 am »

The calendar print preview is still blank - I am wondering if I am supposed to have a plugin for Firefox to print this?

Whats the problem, exactly? Are you trying to print the entire calendar/all scheduled events?

Or are you importing specific events to your personal google calendar, and trying to print THAT?
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

kamil

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 10:20:42 am »

I just tried it and you're correct. Print Preview is broken when using the "Daily" display mode. You can still use it when printing weekly or from the agenda view.

The reason for this is that Google does not "officially" support the Daily view when embedding calendars; it is something I had to hack together.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:35:31 pm »

Whats the problem, exactly? Are you trying to print the entire calendar/all scheduled events?

Or are you importing specific events to your personal google calendar, and trying to print THAT?

I WAS trying to print the whole thing. I like the cool color coding for location, and was unable to replicate it with my personal calendar. Plus it was a BIG hassle to add 1 event at a time, have it open a new tab which I had to close each time. I actually have printed the calendar I got that way but the schedule was not finalized yet at that time. I hate to go through all that work again especially where times have changed of the ones I already have in my personal calendar.

kamil, I didn't notice the agenda view - what is it? I'm afraid the weekly view has too little space to be practical for something like this. I can't believe they don't support the daily view - I mean that is a ridiculous way to run a calendar program. Hopefully there is a better program available next year if they're going to be that stupid about it.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

kamil

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 09:03:56 pm »

The agenda view is displayed when you click on "Agenda" to the right of the print button. It will basically format it as a text-only list of events. The weekly view printout worked fine for me, although it seems like it does not preserve colors for some reasons.

If you have a Google account it might be best to simply import our calendar(s) into your Google Calendar and print it out from there. I believe you can also export to other calendar apps (use the button with a "+" sign in the lower right corner of our calendar box).

Edit: I just read above that you were trying to import the events one by one to your calendar. You DON'T have to do that! You should be able to import all of our calendars in one sweep if you click on that button I mentioned above.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 09:07:45 pm by kamil »

10stateswithnh

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 10:44:01 am »

Thanks for the tips, I'll try that later today.

If I export the whole thing at once will it keep the color-coding? I really want to be able to look at my printout and know WHERE the events are occurring, without having to go back into the calendar and look up every event and then write the location on my printout.

Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

kamil

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 01:57:41 pm »

If I export the whole thing at once will it keep the color-coding? I really want to be able to look at my printout and know WHERE the events are occurring, without having to go back into the calendar and look up every event and then write the location on my printout.

Once it's in your own Google Calendar, you can assign any colors you want :D.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 03:04:03 pm »

I didn't see any color options when I was in there before, so - not sure how to do that.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything