Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: campground full?  (Read 24206 times)

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: campground full?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 06:14:18 pm »

I just booked on the phone and they are indeed renting out the rv spots at tent/elec/H2O price...I got 95    anyone near that site?--can't wait!!!!

i'm at Site 91. It's an RV site (and I don't have an RV), so if anyone's looking for a spot to put up a tent... get in touch.

jodyu

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 11:11:55 am »

FYI, site 101 is no longer available. Glad I had an extra site for people in need!

Mark: I was thinking of charging MORE for the site, not give a discount.  Market demand and all that.  Yeesh!  (Seriously: I just wanted to get my money back.)

-Jody

KareFree

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 09:59:13 am »

Karen,
Did you make camping arrangements yet?  Jody has an extra campsite available, possibly at a discount.
Mark
Karen,

If your still looking for someone to split a campsite with I have space available on my site RV site 69.   Reserved for Thursday - Sunday. 

Tent site 101 is available - contact  jodysun@gmail.com  for details.
I just booked on the phone and they are indeed renting out the rv spots at tent/elec/H2O price...I got 95    anyone near that site?--can't wait!!!!

i'm at Site 91. It's an RV site (and I don't have an RV), so if anyone's looking for a spot to put up a tent... get in touch.

Wow, thanks everyone for the suggestions!!

I am sorry that I did not reply to this sooner, I was camping this past week in NY with family and I did not have internet access!!

I was able to find a campsite to share with what seems to be at least three other people.

Hope everyone makes to PorcFest safely!  :)

-Karen

YetAnotherFSPer

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 08:32:30 pm »

Thanks for the info, this was confusing. perhaps they should update the Porcfest site to make this information more clear?

I'll email the site admin.

freedomroad

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 08:58:48 pm »

Thanks for the info, this was confusing. perhaps they should update the Porcfest site to make this information more clear?

I'll email the site admin.

Could you please describe in detail what it is you have an issue with?  You gave us no info and I'm sure many people here would like to help you as much as possible.

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 11:37:01 pm »

For the people saying they're looking to save money, you can buy a parking decal at the Forest Service and camp in any of the state park land.  Their are small parking lots off the highways in the area where you can park over night. The sticker costs $20.  You don't need to get it.  But, I have heard that they started giving out parking tickets to people that didn't have it.

You can just drive to Rodger's each day.

I've camped in the White Mountains before.  There are some rules about how close you can camp to the roads and how close to the roads you can build fires.  But, that's it.

There are also two other private camp grounds very close to Rodgers if you need water/electric.

I haven't gotten a camp site at Rodgers, yet because the on-line system already said all the tent sites were booked when I looked a couple months ago.  I'll probably just camp in the Mountains or at one of the other private sites.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

You don't need a parking pass for State park land... you do need to pay a fee to camp.
I think your confusing it with the National Forest.

freedomroad

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 10:28:48 am »

For the people saying they're looking to save money, you can buy a parking decal at the Forest Service and camp in any of the state park land.  Their are small parking lots off the highways in the area where you can park over night. The sticker costs $20.  You don't need to get it.  But, I have heard that they started giving out parking tickets to people that didn't have it.

You can just drive to Rodger's each day.

I've camped in the White Mountains before.  There are some rules about how close you can camp to the roads and how close to the roads you can build fires.  But, that's it.

There are also two other private camp grounds very close to Rodgers if you need water/electric.

I haven't gotten a camp site at Rodgers, yet because the on-line system already said all the tent sites were booked when I looked a couple months ago.  I'll probably just camp in the Mountains or at one of the other private sites.

Roger's is in no way full.  Roger's has reserved the whole campground for Porcfest.  So to get a site you call Roger's and leave a message or something and they will call you back.

White Mountain National Forest Parking Fees
http://hikenh.netfirms.com/NFParkFe.htm

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 04:30:55 pm »

Again the campsites are not yet sold out. The best way to secure your preferred rental is to email or call Roger's.

And remember:

Noise Zones

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

JonC

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 09:25:44 pm »

Hey all,

I'm looking for a site to share and split the cost on, 23rd - 26th. I'll have a small tent and a compact car.

Delaware2

• FSP Participant
  • Freedomfighter, Libertarian, Engineer, Early Mover
    • Rainbow Farm
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 12:50:51 pm »

Want to Swap?  Campsites?  I have too many, and need to consolidate or spend all my time stowing poles.  I would like to swap with the owners of Rustic Tent campsite #63, June 21 - 25, (I have the site June 25-26); OR RV site 217  , June 21 -23 and / or June 25- 26 (I have the site June 24 -25);  OR Rustic Tent site #6 (I have the site June 21 - 23).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything