Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: campground full?  (Read 24205 times)

soy.lor.n

campground full?
« on: May 23, 2010, 05:32:03 pm »

So I've been waiting too long and now it looks like all the tent sites are taken at Rogers! I have a tent and all the necessary camping supplies, but I was hoping that someone who has already registered for their site is looking to split the cost. We're planning on staying for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.
"We" refers to my husband and myself.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
Re: campground full?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:20:54 pm »

Roger's is the largest privately-owned campground in the state.  They are not sold out.  All the tent sites may be booked, but they will reserve RV sites (nice and flat!) for tenters. 

That said, there may be some early reservers who are willing to share some real estate.

See you soon!
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

soy.lor.n

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 10:27:22 pm »

I suppose you're right and by "sold out" what I really meant was "sold out of tent campsites"

If necessary I can and will reserve an RV site, and would still be glad to share the space with other tent-campers since I'm sure my little ol' tent won't take up as much space as an RV.

In fact, my husband and I are looking into buying a new tent so we might even have some equipment to share when the time comes (depending on how the REI scratch and dent sale goes) so I'll keep y'all updated.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 10:34:23 pm »

I do believe they're offering the RV sites for the same price as a [tent] site.

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:10:10 am »

The website does not reflect what is actually available. You have to call.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 06:53:15 am »

I think you have to mention Porcfest specifically when you call.  Didn't they reserve the entire campground for us this year?

soy.lor.n

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:37 pm »

Yeah I am pretty sure that the entire campground is reserved, actually I was kinda hoping that we had enough people making reservations that all their campsites were booked! What I was really wondering though is exactly what artie said- whether or not the website reflects the true availability.

Thanks for talking some sense into me. I'll give them a call and then give y'all an update.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 01:56:23 pm »

I think you have to mention Porcfest specifically when you call.  Didn't they reserve the entire campground for us this year?

Yes, unless you mention PorcFest, they will tell you they are full.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »

The website does not reflect what is actually available. You have to call.

Based on what I saw when I did my reservation, it seems that the main campground website does not list all the price and site options, but if you go into the online reservation system it does have more detailed information. At least when I reserved my site - it did not show the entire campground reserved for the entire Porcfest. However, if you do a reservation online they are going to cancel it by email and then you call back in to book the reservation with the Porcfest discount, and you have to give your payment information again when you call.

When I booked the tent sites without electric were already gone on Fri and Sat nights and the electric ones the whole time - that was in the early part of this month. That's why I went with an RV site.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

KareFree

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 02:50:16 pm »

I am searching for someone to share a camp site with. I need to save money, and reserving an RV site with as many people as possible is a good idea!

At this point it looks like I will be arriving Wednesday evening and leaving Sunday afternoon. If no one else is arriving that early I don't mind paying for Wednesday night. Otherwise, I will split the cost with as many as people as we can get for the site.

Let me know if this is possible for you.

Thank You,
Karen
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:53:17 pm by KareFree »

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 07:00:42 am »

Karen,
Did you make camping arrangements yet?  Jody has an extra campsite available, possibly at a discount.
Mark
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 07:37:41 am »

Karen,

If your still looking for someone to split a campsite with I have space available on my site RV site 69.   Reserved for Thursday - Sunday. 

Paul Ott

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 12:28:39 pm »

Last year when they ran out of tents they sold the bigger RV spots for the tent price.
"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

muni

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 12:30:03 pm »

Tent site 101 is available - contact  jodysun@gmail.com  for details.

Flagg714

• Need to move soon--SC is strangling me!!
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 03:57:02 pm »

I just booked on the phone and they are indeed renting out the rv spots at tent/elec/H2O price...I got 95    anyone near that site?--can't wait!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up