Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to the forum, looking for work  (Read 1836 times)

AJ O.

New to the forum, looking for work
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:47:38 am »

Alright, this topic is just so I can introduce myself and maybe connect with people to build a network so I can find a job in NH. And perhaps maybe an apartment or residence for when I come over.

Currently I am living in Black River Falls, WI, where I am working part-time at a Flying J Travel Plaza as a janitorial maintenance personnel. I've got previous employment and experience in the fast-food industry, so I'm rather customer-oriented and friendly. Flying J, if anyone knows anything about their recent history, declared bankruptcy the year before last. My hours have been cut a few times. I've been part-time since last April when they hired me. Finding another job here is not easy, but I'm doing my best to put money aside for my move to NH. I hope to have $2000 by the end of summer, or in the next five months, as I am currently half-way to reaching that goal. I just need a job, and an apartment, lined before I actually start/complete this momentous move.

I am not sure where to go on this forum and most of the topics I have seen are about jobs which require some sort of higher education, which I do not have, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't make a good employee. Any info, tips, advice and help about getting oriented here at the forum, or where I can find a job in NH, would be welcomed and very much appreciated.

Feel free to email me at parlezlibrement@yahoo.com

You can also find me on MySpace under the same name.

LIVE FREE OR DIE, fellow porcs!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: New to the forum, looking for work
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:56:34 am »

Alright, this topic is just so I can introduce myself and maybe connect with people to build a network so I can find a job in NH. And perhaps maybe an apartment or residence for when I come over.

Currently I am living in Black River Falls, WI, where I am working part-time at a Flying J Travel Plaza as a janitorial maintenance personnel. I've got previous employment and experience in the fast-food industry, so I'm rather customer-oriented and friendly. Flying J, if anyone knows anything about their recent history, declared bankruptcy the year before last. My hours have been cut a few times. I've been part-time since last April when they hired me. Finding another job here is not easy, but I'm doing my best to put money aside for my move to NH. I hope to have $2000 by the end of summer, or in the next five months, as I am currently half-way to reaching that goal. I just need a job, and an apartment, lined before I actually start/complete this momentous move.

I am not sure where to go on this forum and most of the topics I have seen are about jobs which require some sort of higher education, which I do not have, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't make a good employee. Any info, tips, advice and help about getting oriented here at the forum, or where I can find a job in NH, would be welcomed and very much appreciated.

Feel free to email me at parlezlibrement@yahoo.com

You can also find me on MySpace under the same name.

LIVE FREE OR DIE, fellow porcs!

welcome to the forums.

if you 'hang around' here and people get to know you then people will help.
also consider porcmanor.com

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: New to the forum, looking for work
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:38:30 pm »

Welcome!

Networking is definitely one of the best ways to find a job.  A good way to network with Porcs is to volunteer some time to help out the FSP.  Join a project or 2 (or 10) where you get to work with FSP members.  Perhaps help out at PorcFest!?  You would meet hundreds of Porcs there.
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up