Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fluoride in water in NH?  (Read 19903 times)

Archtop

Fluoride in water in NH?
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:28:30 pm »

I'd like to know what cities in NH put Fluoride in their water. One of the reasons I would move to NH is pure water free of poison. Keene, Manchester are the cities I'm most interested in. Thank you.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fluoride in water in NH?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 05:19:27 pm »

Don't know the answer but if you live in a town outside of them chances are that you will have a personal well for you house and not rely on the city for water.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 06:25:15 pm »

Manchester had two separate votes a couple of years back, and we lost on both of them by small margins.  Both Keene and Manch have fluoride in the tap water, but I know that Seabrook doesn't--becoming one of 101 Reasons to Move to Seabrook, New Hampsha (see the thread, eh).  I strongly doubt that we'll ever get fluoride in Seabrook--not without a huge fight.

In Manchester's case, the dark brown sludge dumped into the municipal water is a byproduct of industrial fertilizer production, and can't be handled directly by human hands.  That's how caustic it is.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Archtop

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 09:04:52 pm »

Thank you for the info. I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't move to any town in NH in I have to drink a toxic waste that dumbs everybody down. I'm surprised that this isn't #one on some FS person's list who live in these towns. I'm in rotten fluoride NJ and I have a Berkeley water filter system with an extra fluoride filter on it. The Berkley water system is great.

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 09:38:12 pm »

There is a campaign just started by a Friend of the FSP to get Fluoride removed from the Manchester and other cities water supplies on the local level.

here is a link to the facebook group   . http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=312899379558&ref=ts

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 09:55:14 pm »

Thank you for the info. I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't move to any town in NH in I have to drink a toxic waste that dumbs everybody down. I'm surprised that this isn't #one on some FS person's list who live in these towns. I'm in rotten fluoride NJ and I have a Berkeley water filter system with an extra fluoride filter on it. The Berkley water system is great.

just want to point out again..most towns don't have 'town water'....

freedomroad

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »

I've heard several times that it isn't added in Keene.  From what I understand, it isn't added in most parts of NH.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 12:04:54 am »

From http://des.nh.gov/organization/commissioner/pip/factsheets/dwgb/documents/dwgb-3-5.pdf

Fluoride occurs naturally in New Hampshire's bedrock. As such, it is frequently present in water
samples taken from bedrock (artesian, drilled) wells. Fluoride is seen at high concentrations in
bedrock wells in the Mt. Washington-Saco River Valley area, Wolfeboro through Franconia
Notch and immediately west of Concord. In the remainder of New Hampshire, high fluoride
concentrations occur more irregularly. Fluoride has no taste, color or odor and thus the only
way to determine its concentration is by laboratory analysis.

That's pretty much bunk.  A lot of people are sensitive to fluoride and can tell almost immediately if they've taken any in.  Fluoride also picks up lead, arsenic, mercury, and other heavy metals left in pipes and carries them right to your sink.  According to the USGS:

The median of 1,138 fluoride samples from throughout the State is 0.40 mg/L with 2 percent of these samples exceeding the 4.0 mg/L MCL and 9 percent exceeding the 2.0 mg/L SCML. Ground-water samples from the felsic igneous group have significantly greater concentrations of fluoride than do those from the other groups (fig. 8). Fluoride in ground-water samples from the mafic igneous and metasedimentary groups were similar to one another, and ground-water samples from the calcareous metasedimentary group had significantly lower concentrations of fluoride than the other groups.

In other words, there is naturally occurring fluoride in the bedrock, but it's about one-third what you would find elsewhere.  Numerous towns around Manchester (Goffstown, Bedford, Londonderry, etc) have voted to retain (continue adding) fluoride.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

JimmyMac65

• NH Militia State Commander
    • North East Patriot Association
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 02:57:21 pm »

Bristol is Flouride Free from what I've read.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”  - Thomas Jefferson

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 10:14:34 pm »

Most small towns in New Hampshire don't have fluoride added.  A lot of folks here have gotten wise to what it does to the human body.  If it's just good for preventing cavities, why not just get fluoride treatment at the dentist?

No fluoride is one of the 101 Reasons to Move to Seabrook.

ny2nh

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 06:20:13 am »

Yes, unfortunately, Manchester adds fluoride to the city water. :( The surrounding communities that also get their water from our system are obviously also affected. :(

I have a bubbler in my home and avoid drinking tap water as much as possible.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 08:09:27 am »

There's no fluoride added to Keene's water supply.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 08:40:29 am »

I don't think Nashua adds it to their water either, although Nashua's water system is not owned by the city (for now: http://www.pennichuck.com/eminent-domain.php).  From my traveling experience I can say that in general the water in NH, even city water, tastes better than water in most other states.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

nashua2823

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 10:27:56 am »

Some interesting reading on the topic of adding Fluoride to drinking water. It makes no logical sense at all. It's like drinking sunscreen to protect your skin.

Check out a book title "The Case Against Fluoride: How Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics That Keep It There" by Paul Connett, James Beck, and H. Spedding Micklem

Very well researched and fact based argument against Fluoride.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 12:04:41 pm »

Your point?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up