Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continental Congress 2009  (Read 6694 times)

Fr33dom

Continental Congress 2009
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:19:54 pm »

:)  I placed this under Education because so far, I have learned a lot about our Constitution, the world today and yesterday, and what we can do about the present world situation. Our world is known as the united States of America.

There is a Continental Congress going on right now in Ill. It is easier for me to send you to the webpage so you can view the video and find out all that is going on. The CC2009 is taking place from 11/11 to 11/22. It is about DEFENDING and NOT amending the Constitution. Seeking and researching the Constitution for answers.  It's at http://www.cc2009.us so just go there and learn about what we the people need to do for Liberty and Freedom now.
One of the items of urgency is to get a lot more (in the millions) of people / patriots involved in this matter.  After all, the government is we the people. Even though it has not been that way for many years now.

I hope you'll let me know what you think about all that is going on.

Paula

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: Continental Congress 2009
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:30:06 pm »

I've been keeping an eye on the webcasts. I'd caution skepticism about what you're picking up there about the Constitution there. Always do your own follow-up education.

Delphina

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:39:36 pm »

I think it's interesting and inspiring - though I'm not sure it'll be terribly effective. I'm glad they're doing it.

There are small groups all over the country doing whatever they can think up to speak out and prepare.

My hope is that eventually some movement will develop that all of the different liberty minded groups can get behind and that will actually make a difference.
It's $3.00 for a Coke at the movies that costs $0.01 to make and yet some people are only upset that the chain they go to doesn't sell Pepsi.

Fr33dom

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:09:33 pm »

This has to work my friends. We have no alternative but to make it work.  We need to go viral, send those links to every single person you know, whether they are online or not. They need to know what is going on, and what they can do about it.  It's all about numbers my friends. It's all about numbers, BIG numbers, millions of people need to stand up and help to save their country.

Here are 2 of the links that you can send forth..

http://www.cc2009.us
http://www.givemeliberty.org

And to check out the immigration problem, you can go to http://www.drugwarsthemovie.com and please make sure you send it out. It has to make people wake up for sure!!!

Thank you everyone that is there and will help to wake people up before it's too late.

Paula

Delphina

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:10:05 pm »

I don't know if this is  the movement that's going to unite enough people.  There are too many hard liners pushing anti-immigration and religion that are turning off other groups of Libertarians. 

I still think it's worth the work they're doing even if they can't get everyone on board.
It's $3.00 for a Coke at the movies that costs $0.01 to make and yet some people are only upset that the chain they go to doesn't sell Pepsi.

Fr33dom

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:19:48 pm »

Delphina, It has to work.  The CC2009 patriots say that the government is ours, and we need to stand up and take it.  They do the petitions to redress, but not enough people are signing them. Maybe out of fear?  Perhaps. I know I hesitate when it comes to signing my name to anything.

Fr33dom

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 07:27:22 pm »

The small groups need to unite and become one GIGANTIC group, all with similar beliefs and one major belief and desire would be for the constitution.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:47:42 pm »

Petitions to redress? They do realize the Union is not a sovereign State?

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:52:38 pm »

They do the petitions to redress, but not enough people are signing them. Maybe out of fear? Perhaps. I know I hesitate when it comes to signing my name to anything.

More likely because they're useless.

Delphina

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 09:17:00 am »

The small groups need to unite and become one GIGANTIC group, all with similar beliefs and one major belief and desire would be for the constitution.

The small groups may NEED to unite, but there isn't enough inspiration or desperation yet.  What's keeping us from uniting is the same old statist mindset of being more interested in using some supreme power to force their views on others. That's what I was referring to when I mentioned anti-immigration quibbling. Some Freedom Fighters I know are pro-open borders for various reasons and they will not support any group that wants to tack on such a stipulation. I've seen other freedom fighters more interested in 9/11 truth than joining with those who don't believe...

The only thing we should stand for is Liberty and Justice for All...  Meaning equality under the law and an end to corruption. Once elitism is decimated, all the other details of what the law is can be hashed out by equals.

Meanwhile, it is something big and important that the small groups are organizing... because when things get bad enough that we are inspired to put aside the small disagreements, the networks and functionality will already be established.

Also - it's important to note that these smaller issues are purposefully used by the state to divide people into two camps they can manipulate. We've been taught to think this way for so long that it's like a disease on the brain...  There is no left or right, only Freedom or Slavery.

maverickthree

• LibertyDistricts2008
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 06:12:01 pm »

As per uniting, I'd like to refer  you to the following group--

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Third_Parties_Coalition

As per the Continental Congress, I believe it is dominated mostly by conservative types who are opposed to Obama for a variety of reasons. Personally I think their time would be better spent in their LOCAL state and federal representative's offices. When you're seen in person, you represent a VOTER and that's what REALLY gets their attention. Unfortunately, there are a lot of wannabee Jeffersons and Madisons out there who are acting EMOTIONALLY as opposed to LOGICALLY.
Evil men rule when good men do nothing.

Those with the best information are most likely to succeed.

Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
          ----Barry Goldwater

FreeStyle

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:24:06 pm »

if I stand up and take back the government, will that mean I can then throw it in the wastebasket?
Pages: [1]   Go Up